No announcement yet.

Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad news. Such a wonderful character and delivered fun to the forum. I hope he wasn't alone.
    its days like these that I will feel sad.
    Hope he will be re united with his loved ones x
    Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

I really enjoyed reading Matthewโ€™s posts. Itโ€™s sad to hear that he has passed on. He will be missed.
      Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

So Sorry

To hear of Matthews passing.

He was a great font of knowledge and of course great humour.

Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

My dearest Matthew.

You were one of a kind for sure and you have left your indelible mark on the forum, which I know was important to you, so youโ€™ll be happy with that legacy ๐Ÿ˜

Itโ€™s fair to say that you really struggled with what ALS threw at you - your new lifestyle was as far from your preferred โ€˜wine, women & songโ€™ lifestyle as can possibly be - but your humorous warts and all posts were a reflection of your true self in a โ€˜what you see is what you getโ€™ way, even in your darkest times we still saw your customary ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ which was testament to the man you were.

You are free now my friend, you are with your baby girl. I will never forget you Matthew, nor will the forum, it sure was fun riding with you.

Fly high mate ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Ellie what a fitting tribute to Matthew.

Thank you. You have so expertly put into words, how myself, and probably lots on the forum feel hearing this news x
            Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive ๐Ÿ˜บ.

Comment

So very sad to lose our friend Matthew. Its hard to believe we won't have anymore of his funny and touching posts. We will all miss him so much.

No more pain and indignity now Matthew. I know you will be holding your " little angel" in your arms.

Much love,
              Debbie x

Comment

Ellie very well said.... ๐Ÿ˜˜
                Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Thanks Tabbycat LindaB

I could have said more but eye gaze doesnโ€™t work so well with wet eyes ๐Ÿ˜

โ€‹

Comment

Ellie your words brought tears to my eyes๐Ÿ’™
                    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Oh no this is awful news, RIP Matthew and God bless ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž
                      Foxes Never Quit ๐Ÿ’™

Comment

Ellie beautiful words ๐Ÿฅฒ
                        Foxes Never Quit ๐Ÿ’™

Comment

Ellie

Thank you so much for the lovely words. I too was finding it hard to typed through the tears.

Big hugs to you

It is hard to lose a friend, even if it is only one through the internet. I tried to explain as some people just don't understand,

that internet friends are so real to me.
                          Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

Ellie,

What a moving tribute. It brought tears to my eyes too x
                            Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Originally posted by DeeH View Post
                              internet friends are so real to me
                              You're so right Donna - even though the vast majority of us never met, it is as real a relationship we share amongst our forum friends as we do with many of our 'real life' friends and it's definitely easier to share some things here than it is in real life. xx
                              Last edited by Ellie; 11 May 2022, 12:02.

โ€‹

Comment

Ellie thank you for summarising so well what we are all feeling today Xx
                                Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Working...
                                X