X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nettie
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2019

So sorry to hear of Matthew’s passing 😢 he will be sorely missed R.I.P Matthew everyone’s friend X♥️ X
    Janette x

Comment

• AngieCanuck
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2022

Ellie thank you for so eloquently expressing how much Matthew will be missed. He brought such joy and light. I will miss him, and I hope he has peace now.
      I love his Hugs, and Early Bird Club.
      Loss for words, 🥹😭😮‍💨

Comment

• Zante
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2021

Ditto all above.
        Ellie your beautiful words and such fitting tribute had me cry even more. Feel such sadness. He will be missed so much by all of the forum. Fly High Matthew xx
        Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND. Limb onset. Symptoms started November 2020.

Comment

• Olivia H
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2018

So sad to hear of Matthew's passing; the world will be a duller and less interesting place without his humour, observation and thoughts.
          MND steals so much, but never the warmth of someone's heart and character. Rest easy Matthew, but with flair ❤

Comment

• TinyLady
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2021

So very sad to read that matthew55 has passed away. I'm trying to type through tears here. He was always such a large character on here. Welcoming, amusing, honest and raw with his struggles. So much useful insight.

Massive respect to you Matthew. I'm so glad to have been part of your life on here and I can only hope that you are somewhere better and finally comfortable xxx
            Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

• Piglet
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2020

Oh that’s a shock. So sorry to hear this. RIP Matthew xx

Comment

• aussiegirl
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2021

Such sad news, Matthew has been here since I joined. Won't be the same without him. RIPxx

Comment

• Derbyram21
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2021

RIP Matthew x

Comment

• Hakuna
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2021

How sad. Didn’t realise he was nearing the end. The world is a poorer place without him but he’s in a better place now.
                    Bulbar ALS diagnosed September 2021, no speech, PEG fed, using ipad with Predictable to communicate, taking each day as it comes

Comment

• I am sure Matthew will be relieved to pass. MND provides so many 'challenges' (I won't swear). He was not afraid to die and attempted suicide a couple of times. So long old friend xxx RIP

Comment

• Music man's wife
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2019

So sorry to hear of Mathews passing, and I'm sorry for the friends he left behind here. Mathew, you will be missed xxxx

Comment

• Madge
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2020

Ellie such touching words. I am very saddened by this news.
                          RIP Matthew x

Comment

• Karen62
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2022

Ellie such beautiful words. In the short time I have been here i have enjoyed Matthew’s humour and kindness towards others. RIP Matthew you will be missed xx

Comment

• Jane
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2022

I can only echo what others have said. Since starting to read the forum last autumn, to joining a few months ago, I have always read Matthew's posts and appreciated his sense of humour, some of it dark. Very sad that he has passed away but I hope he is at peace now.
                              Diagnosed November 21, ALS limb onset, started in right hand June 2020

Comment

• shrew
                                Forum Member
                                • Jul 2018

so sorry to hear this news

Comment

Working...
                                X