Hygienist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hygienist

Getting to my dentist is very difficult now especially as it is in an old house and not really suitable for an electric wheelchair. Does anyone have a hygienist visit them at home?

Madge, my dentist normally does home visits, although last time, I went to the surgery because my usual dentist was off ill.

He brings a trolley full of equipment, even brings his twirly stool 🙂 and I recline fully in my wheelchair - it works well though, in fairness, all I have ever needed is a clean and a polish, no idea how it would be for a filling. xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

That’s encouraging Ellie x i just spoke with my hubby and he thinks our dentist would be too busy and is too far. We have been with him for several years but we have moved which was fine when I was driving x an hygienist could work possibly, I will enquire.

Comment

Hi Madge,

I had this exact same problem two years ago when I first started to use my power chair. My Dentist at the time did not have space in the treatment room for my chair (this was despite advertising themselves as wheelchair friendly). I spoke to them about the issue and they put in a referral request which was then triaged and an offer made for me to move surgeries. I now have the use of a fully accessible dental practice that is no further away distance wise.

It could be worth asking if you have any more accessible dental practice within reach of you?

James x
        Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Working...
        X