York visit bit of a disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

York visit bit of a disaster

Not posted much but life seems never dull with this disease. I am still mobile ( luckily) using a stick so we decided to visit York as my son is going to University there . Whilst here I had come with what l thought were the remnants of a bad cold. In short my throat got worse so decided to nip into walk in centre and ended up on a ward with IV antibiotics. Given new sticks as I declined a frame for now. Wife says we are not going away anymore as something always happens. Love and light to to all as we battle this despicable disease

Derbyram21 hope youve now recovered πŸ™πŸ˜˜
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Still in here but should be going home today. Thank you LindaB

Comment

Oh no! That's not good. Hope they let you home soon.
        😘
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Shame your trip to York involved sampling the local hospital and I commend you for listening to your body and seeking help before the infection took over πŸ‘πŸ‘

Originally posted by Derbyram21 View Post
          Still in here but should be going home today.
          🀞🀞 that you'll be discharged today πŸ€—πŸ˜˜
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Derbyram21 oh what a diversion to your break. These colds cause us concern.

Hope you've escaped. But also on the recovery road x
            Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Derbyram21 oh what a shame. Hoping you feel better after IV antibiotics. Sending love to you.xx

Comment

Hi lovely people I am out and back home now. Thank you for your kind words . I do feel better have 9 days antibiotics to continue with sure that will sort it. I always read this forum ford advice and inspiration x

Comment

Originally posted by Derbyram21 View Post
                  Hi lovely people I am out and back home now. Thank you for your kind words . I do feel better have 9 days antibiotics to continue with sure that will sort it. I always read this forum ford advice and inspiration x
                  For lol auto text 😜

Comment

Glad you are home and comfortable. X
                    Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Glad you are on the mend, and out of hospital! X

Comment

Working...
                      X