My Tigger moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Tigger moment

So yesterday evening, I went upstairs on my own. Got to the top step and my left leg gave way and next thing I was in a crumpled heap on the floor at the bottom of the stairs. πŸ™ˆ. It took two ambulance crews to get me out and after a trip to hospital everybody was amazed that I hadn’t broken anything (not even my glasses!). I have done some damage to my leg, head, right shoulder and thumb, but I am hope and plan a very quiet couple of days chasing up a stairlift and crash suit πŸ˜‚. Thank goodness I only had to wait 10 minutes waiting for an ambulance, and was seen quickly in A&E, but it was really frightening and hard work trying to explain to the hospital manager staff about the impact mnd has had on me,

so now I am going by my new name Tigger because clearly I do bounce!

Wow Karen

I don't know if to laugh or cry! You must have been completely relaxed not to have sustained any injuries. I use my husband's chair lift I've gone down 2-3 times on my bum.

I'm amazed how quickly the ambulance turned up and two not one.

I hope you are feeling ok and not to shaken by the whole event.

πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ’•
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

So glad you didn't do any serious damage, and you can smile about it!
      I am making plans for "downstairs living" as the stairs are getting to be challenging, and we don't fancy a stairlift.
      Hi, I'm Eddie.
      Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
      Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

So glad you’re ok(ish). I was luckily enough to be provided with stair lift through an arrangement with Marie Curie before I really needed one. Hope you get yours soon as it removes a serious risk.

Comment

You poor lady. My stairlift means i can still sleep upstairs. Falls are no fun. Stay safe
          Bulbar ALS diagnosed September 2021, no speech, PEG fed, using ipad with Predictable to communicate, taking each day as it comes

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
            Wow Karen

I don't know if to laugh or cry! You must have been completely relaxed not to have sustained any injuries. I use my husband's chair lift I've gone down 2-3 times on my bum.

I'm amazed how quickly the ambulance turned up and two not one.

I hope you are feeling ok and not to shaken by the whole event.

πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ’•
            Thank you Denise, I was surprised to get two ambulance crews and so quickly and they were all so lovely.

I am feeling pretty battered this morning and have some fairly epic brushing but still trying to stay cheerful because otherwise I think I would just give up and not prepared to that just yet. 😊😘

Comment

Sorry to hear all this Karen and I hope you are okay 🀞😘
              Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

What a horrible experience Karen. Glad you got relatively speedy and kind help, well done on your positive attitude, rest well xx
                Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

So sorry, Karen. Stairs are incredibly dangerous. We rent our stair lifts (two because we sleep in loft conversion). Rental is better value for money until year 3. (No way I’ll be using a stair lift two years from now!)
                  Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Karen62 You poor Tigger 😟
                    I'm not surprised that you're feeling bruised and battered today - thank goodness nothing is broken. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜
                    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

I’m sorry to hear about your fall. I’m very impressed that nothing got broken. Tiggers do bounce, but you might want limit that bouncing to safer surfaces than full flights of stairs.

Gentle hugs.
                      Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

Karen62 - so sorry to hear you had such a nasty fall!! What a relief nothing was broken but I can only imagine how sore you must be feeling now. I fell a few times but never downstairs, that frightens me. I was in the hospice when my legs gave up, so I hired a stairlift on my return home and use that now as I can't even step up one step.

I hope you are soon feeling better and your tigger tendencies are limited to cheerful outlook - no more bouncing! xx
                        Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

Oh my goodness Karen62 . That must have been so scary and stressful for you. Falls are truly horrible both physically and mentally.

Hope you feel better soon and sending you hugs xxπŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Comment

Karen62 so glad you didn't break anything. Take it easy, fingers crossed the stairlift gets fitted quickly.
                            Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Thank you everybody, I think this Tigger is definitely not planning a repeat performance. I did get a lovely surprise today- the local hospice palliative care centre had had a riser recliner chair donated to them with the specific request that it was given to somebody with mnd. They arranged delivery to me today and it is so comfortable even with my injuries. I feel a very lucky person today on all sorts of levels 😊

Comment

Working...
                              X