X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karen62
    replied
    Originally posted by TinyLady View Post
    Karen62 - how lovely to get the chair donated to you!! I hope that makes you comfortable, but no bouncing out of it!!
    Will try not to πŸ€ͺ

Leave a comment:

• Andrew
    replied
    Hi Tigger

So sorry to read about your nasty fall it must have been very scary and could have ended up so much worse. Glad you’re got somewhere comfortable to rest nowπŸ™‚

Leave a comment:

• TinyLady
    replied
    Karen62 - how lovely to get the chair donated to you!! I hope that makes you comfortable, but no bouncing out of it!!

Leave a comment:

• Karen62
    replied
    Thank you everybody, I think this Tigger is definitely not planning a repeat performance. I did get a lovely surprise today- the local hospice palliative care centre had had a riser recliner chair donated to them with the specific request that it was given to somebody with mnd. They arranged delivery to me today and it is so comfortable even with my injuries. I feel a very lucky person today on all sorts of levels 😊

Leave a comment:

• Tabbycat
    replied
    Karen62 so glad you didn't break anything. Take it easy, fingers crossed the stairlift gets fitted quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Oh my goodness Karen62 . That must have been so scary and stressful for you. Falls are truly horrible both physically and mentally.

Hope you feel better soon and sending you hugs xxπŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Leave a comment:

• TinyLady
    replied
    Karen62 - so sorry to hear you had such a nasty fall!! What a relief nothing was broken but I can only imagine how sore you must be feeling now. I fell a few times but never downstairs, that frightens me. I was in the hospice when my legs gave up, so I hired a stairlift on my return home and use that now as I can't even step up one step.

I hope you are soon feeling better and your tigger tendencies are limited to cheerful outlook - no more bouncing! xx

Leave a comment:

• Maria C
    replied
    I’m sorry to hear about your fall. I’m very impressed that nothing got broken. Tiggers do bounce, but you might want limit that bouncing to safer surfaces than full flights of stairs.

Gentle hugs.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Karen62 You poor Tigger 😟
    I'm not surprised that you're feeling bruised and battered today - thank goodness nothing is broken. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• PeterPan
    replied
    So sorry, Karen. Stairs are incredibly dangerous. We rent our stair lifts (two because we sleep in loft conversion). Rental is better value for money until year 3. (No way I’ll be using a stair lift two years from now!)

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    What a horrible experience Karen. Glad you got relatively speedy and kind help, well done on your positive attitude, rest well xx

Leave a comment:

• Lcfcno1fan
    replied
    Sorry to hear all this Karen and I hope you are okay 🀞😘

Leave a comment:

• Karen62
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    Wow Karen

I don't know if to laugh or cry! You must have been completely relaxed not to have sustained any injuries. I use my husband's chair lift I've gone down 2-3 times on my bum.

I'm amazed how quickly the ambulance turned up and two not one.

I hope you are feeling ok and not to shaken by the whole event.

πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ’•
    Thank you Denise, I was surprised to get two ambulance crews and so quickly and they were all so lovely.

I am feeling pretty battered this morning and have some fairly epic brushing but still trying to stay cheerful because otherwise I think I would just give up and not prepared to that just yet. 😊😘

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna
    replied
    You poor lady. My stairlift means i can still sleep upstairs. Falls are no fun. Stay safe

Leave a comment:

• Tony
    replied
    So glad you’re ok(ish). I was luckily enough to be provided with stair lift through an arrangement with Marie Curie before I really needed one. Hope you get yours soon as it removes a serious risk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X