Covid Spring Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid Spring Booster

I got a text saying I was eligible for this so booked it and went this morning. I am 56 so they queried it and asked lots of questions. I was given it finally as I had brought a letter from my consultant. I have a feeling I have slipped through the net as I saw on the MNDA website that mnd was not one of the conditions included.

Again zero awareness of our condition as he asked me what drugs I was on and then said "So they suppress your immune system!" 🤬
    Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Originally posted by GillB View Post
    Again zero awareness of our condition as he asked me what drugs I was on and then said "So they suppress your immune system!"
    Notwithstanding that your GP sadly/annoyingly didn't know your priority vaccination status, from a 'clinically vulnerable' point of view, you could have played dumb and said, "erm, I think so", had you not got the letter to hand - not that you should have been questioned in the first place, you got a text.

Glad you got the jab eventually, Gill 👍👍😘
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie

it was at a vaccination centre. I did show them the text and they then had to check with the manager. As you say at least I got it in the end

Comment

it was at a vaccination centre.
        That makes feel a bit better 👍

I got all of mine at my GP surgery, sorry. xx
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

at least I got it in the end
          Most folks get it in the arm
          Hi, I'm Eddie.
          Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
          Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfSteel View Post
            Most folks get it in the arm
            That made me laugh 🤣

Comment

Working...
            X