Stylish adaptive clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More fashion updates ...

Can recommend Friendly Shoes - they only have three different models for adults, but they're light, easy to get on and off, and don't look too medical. Not cheap (the adult models are around £80), but I figure they will probably last longer than I do (not likely to be worn out by vigorous hikes, anyway) ...
    Shop - friendlyshoes.co.uk

Also noticed some promising-looking extra warm trousers from Uniqlo - they've got an inner sleeve around the ankles to keep warm, and an elasticated waist, but don't look too tracksuit bottom-y, at least on the photos. Will update when I've tried them.
    Extra Warm Lined Trousers | UNIQLO UK

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      Also noticed some promising-looking extra warm trousers from Uniqlo ]​
      Ooh Coco (Chanel) 😉 thank you.

I am very interested in those trousers, in particular the width and stretchiness of the leg opening.

Please keep up the good work. 😘
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I have to admit, as I can't put my own shoes on or off, I often just wear my gorgeous irregular choice heels - make me feel like a princess and I don't have to worry about walking in them!

I'm interested to hear how the trousers go. I'm still in my jeans because I hate tracksuit bottoms and most trousers are way too long for me xx
        Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

Happy to be of service

TinyLady : As a fellow shorty, I found M&S quite good on petite sized trousers. These days I'd need a giant shoehorn and copious amounts of oil to get into a pair of jeans ...

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            These days I'd need a giant shoehorn and copious amounts of oil to get into a pair of jeans ...
            IDK if you mean that you oil your legs to shimmy on your jeans 🤔 talcum powder can be good too. xx
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

My jeans have loads of lycra I think. I have developed this technique (helped by losing weight) where I put my arms into my jeans and then push outwards with my whole arm and somehow pull them up or down that way (my carers help too). No idea how it works, but glad it does because my hands are rubbish but I'm still in my size 8 skinny fit jeans (I'm showing off now).

M and S used to be OK for jeans, but not found them a good fit for a few years. I prefer Dorothy Perkins now xx
              Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

Working...
              X