Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHC funding

Hi All

I'm currently going through the process of chc funding for my care plan. I had my initial consultation last week. I triggered with 3 A's on NIV,mobility and choking risk. my mnd nurse is confident that I will get the funding.
    my question is will I be able to carry on with my current care company ? I've been told mixed things ,some have said it must be a nurse led care package and others have said that I can use the care company I currently use through social care so long as they meet my care needs ?
    Unfortunately after a recent check from the council I'm not eligible for free social care because I was given some money off a relative to help with home adaptions (wet room etc )
    I would like to keep my current carer's as I've built up a good relationship with them and they seem to understand mnd,which I've found to be quite rare.

I have kept the same arrangements since switching between social care and CHC, But that is in part due to our local authority (Wolverhampton) carrying out the function to support both CCG's and Social care under a joint arrangement.

Comment

Hi,

This may actually come down to cost as the NHS agency rate is quite low….from memory around the £17 per hour mark (I’m sure someone will have the exact figure).

James
      Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

If you’re on full continuing care funding, your capital isn’t affected. As far as I can understand, there is such a shortage of carers, they will be so grateful if your present carers are meeting your needs at the moment. My carers have been given training in NIV and feeding tubes before starting with me. Hope you can keep them, so important that you find them good x

Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Working...
        X