Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie
    replied
    AnxiousWorrier85 Please, please, please be kind to yourself and to us, and start that help for your self-declared health anxiety - don’t just talk about getting help, actually do it.

You post on lots of different forums, not all of them ALS/MND related, so it’s clear how bad your health anxiety is, and it must be taking over your life: it is real, it is debilitating, it is treatable.

You have seen your GP and please continue doing so.

Please, please, please also realise quite how inappropriate it is to continue posting on this forum. There is a forum called No More Panic, which I suggest you visit whilst also blocking this forum for your sake.

Take care.

Leave a comment:

• PeterPan
    replied
    Please, you cannot test your own reflexes and make an assessment about whether the result is brisk or not. Others have recommended that you discuss symptoms with a GP or neurologist. No one on this forum can help you with such questions. Please ask a professional
    Last edited by PeterPan; 23 May 2022, 12:31.

Leave a comment:

• AnxiousWorrier85
    replied
    I have had some bloods done and they all came back clear so my muscle twitching isn’t T being caused by electrolyte and vitamin deficiencies.
    Stupidly I have read about testing reflexes and I decided to put my mind at rest and test my below the knee reflex, it’s quite quick and brisk depending on how hard I tap, is this something that is worrisome? It can you have normal reflexes like that? I’ve read so much different information I’m so confused by everything now.
    Thank you x

Leave a comment:

• Tabbycat
    replied
    AnxiousWorrier85 I think you need to re-read all the responses on this thread. From what I've read all the answers you seek are there.

I hope you get to speak to your GP very soon.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 19 May 2022, 20:04. Reason: Oops, pressed post too soon!

Leave a comment:

• AnxiousWorrier85
    replied
    I’ve felt some twitching in my neck tonight, with reading about bulbar onset etc is twitching in the neck linked to MND or can it be benign fasciculations?

Leave a comment:

• AngieCanuck
    replied
    Definitely not muscle twitching as a first symptom….tripping and dragging my left leg was my first symptom. Twitching came a lot later.
    if it helps, my husband (who is totally healthy and definitely doesn’t have MND) gets muscle twitching. Especially when he is tired and stressed.
    From my understanding, people with MND have a loss of function of a limb or speaking difficulties and muscle twitching comes much later after motor neurones have died

Leave a comment:

• Hairbsb
    replied
    Look we are all dealing with stuff and i certainly do not come onto this forum to hear this kind of unkind talk. A day after being diagnosed with a terminal illness .

Leave a comment:

• Maria C
    replied
    AnxiousWorrier85 Google is really not your friend if you have anxiety. Honestly, the first thing that came up for me when I Googled muscle twitching was Muscle twitches can happen for lots of reasons, like stress, too much caffeine, a poor diet, exercise, or as a side effect of some medicines.”

My first symptom was drop foot. Googling that will get you anything from a pinched nerve, all the way up to ALS/MND.

Please see your GP as soon as you can to treat your anxiety.

Leave a comment:

• Hairbsb
    replied
    AnxiousWorrier85. You didn't upset me my lovely. Your doc will refer you if necessary. X

Leave a comment:

• AnxiousWorrier85
    replied
    I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to cause any offence or upset anyone I am just in a state of anxiety and I can’t calm myself down and obviously looking for anyone to reassure me.
    I was just wondering if people had muscle twitching as their first symptom? I just don’t know why else I would have twitching. It’s never happens before. It’s randomly popping up everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Hairbsb View Post
    Ellie sympathy please. We all start somewhere and yes we are all living with a terminal illness but rudeness I can't abide. There are kinder ways of putting it
    If you think I was being rude, feel free to report the post. Please also read my other posts on this thread.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Hairbsb
    replied
    AnxiousWorrier85 hey I feel for you. Please seek medical advice from a professional as that what counts. I Get you need reassurance but here is sadly the wrong place. You need to have a conversation with your doctor and take it from there. I hope you receive clarification and answers. All the best

Leave a comment:

• Hairbsb
    replied
    Ellie sympathy please. We all start somewhere and yes we are all living with a terminal illness but rudeness I can't abide. There are kinder ways of putting it

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    AnxiousWorrier85 OK, I am sorry that your anxiety is sky high but please stop posting every little twitch and twinge you feel, it's just not appropriate on this forum when we're doing our best to cope with living with a terminal illness.

I truly hope your GP can help you.

Leave a comment:

• AnxiousWorrier85
    replied
    Also I don’t know if it’s because I’m in a state of anxiety over this but I feel like my little finger is a bit sore on the joint when I move it, no loss of movement just a bit sore in the knuckle joint is this a sign?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X