Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakuna
    replied
    Thank you. Must be what i get organised by the hospice social worker.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Hakuna View Post
    What is CHC please?
    Continuing Healthcare - CHC - is NHS funded care, based on need and is not means tested. You can read about it here xx

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna
    replied
    What is CHC please? Thanks for advice. I have 7 x 45 minutes per day of care which isn’t much. Husband does all the rest. Hospice arranged the care and i don’t know who pays for it but it isn’t us.

Leave a comment:

• MMG
    replied
    Coincidentally I have had a discussion with the lead CHC person from the CCG today and she asked if I wanted respite support.

Keen not to refuse anything thats offered, given the difficulties experienced on here, I asked how much and she said 4 x weekly hours initially and if I need more to just ask.

So hubby gets 42 hrs care per week x 4 = 168 hours of respite care to use as I wish (within reason) added to the budget and automatically paid into my personal health budget account, ( which is the same account I had as a direct payment when social care funded).

Never got it from social services, made such a difference being CHC.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Ask social services. They will do a financial assessment and decide on what amount of care and respite you can have. Though it does vary area to area.

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna
    started a topic Respite care MNDA website

Respite care MNDA website

My local hospice does not provide respite care so i tried looking on the MNDA website. I do not find the website easy to use and didn’t find anything useful. Any ideas people how to find suitable care? My husband will need a break at some point.
Working...
X