Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maria C
    replied
    House44 It has been available since 2016 here. I remember discussions about right-to-die happening back in 1994 spearheaded by a woman who had ALS. It’s taken a long time to get here, and I’m grateful that the option is available to those who want it.

Leave a comment:

• House44
    replied
    shocking we have nothing like this in UK

Leave a comment:

• Maria C
    replied
    House44 I’m in Canada. I can access MAID ( medical assistance in dying). Knowing I have some control in this madness helps me cope.

Leave a comment:

• AngieCanuck
    replied
    Hakuna I’ve put a bean bag heating pad, plugged in and ready, next to my bed. It has an automatic shut off, and it’s a lifesaver for night time cramping. Doesn’t help with the shaking or jerks but provides lots of relief.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• House44
    replied
    Originally posted by Maria C View Post
    I have no advice, just gentle hugs. Knowing that I have options when things get bad is what keeps me somewhat sane.

Meanwhile, take Ellie’s advice and see what your GP or neurologist can do to help.
    what options are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• shelly21
    replied
    Hakuna glad you are a little better. Xx

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna
    replied
    Better today. Husband spoke to hospice who said the extra Gaberpentin I’ve been prescribed should help and paracetamol in the night. Still got back pain- sciatica but hey ho

Leave a comment:

• shelly21
    replied
    That sounds awful. I hope you can get some advise from doctors etc and quickly. I take benzodiazepine (lorazepam) for anxiety. Not continously but when I'm anxious or upset etc. It really helps me get a good nights sleep x

Leave a comment:

• Maria C
    replied
    I have no advice, just gentle hugs. Knowing that I have options when things get bad is what keeps me somewhat sane.

Meanwhile, take Ellie’s advice and see what your GP or neurologist can do to help.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Hakuna Rant away, that sounds horrific 😟

Tell your Neurologist and GP, perhaps a few nights on an opioid or a benzodiazepeine is worth trying, subect to no contraindications, and maybe a mattress/positioning in bed review by the OT? xx

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna
    started a topic Pain and shaking

Pain and shaking

I had the most horrendous sleepless night. If i was a dog I’d be put down. Pity i can’t be. Pain in my back, hips, legs, constant shaking and jerking and cramp. Gaberpentin and pramipexole have been increased but its all back. Even during the day. Half an hours sleep and off it goes again. Thoroughly fed up. Rant over.
Working...
X