Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shelly21
    replied
    Lesley thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry its hard on your partner.

I sleep reasonably well. This is due to meds that promote sleep.

I used to suffer with sleep apnea and basically I've been told its only slight changes.

I'm trying to stay positive that it will be a benefit x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by LesleyB View Post
    Humidifier is on its way.
    That's great to hear Lesley, hopefully that's the answer 🤞🤞 and remember that the humidity of the water can be increased and decreased on most machines if you find the air is still too dry or too moist. xx

Leave a comment:

• LesleyB
    replied
    Hi, Shelly, I started using the NIV because my overnight Oxygen levels were causing a slight sleep apnea. I think I am starting to feel a bit brighter in the morning. Especially if I can manage to keep it on until the morning. It certainly helps me get straight to sleep.No tossing and turning, mask on , into the rhythm and out . Unfortunately at the moment it is my hubby who isn’t sleeping. He sleeps in our spare room , so I have more space . He takes me to the toilet in the night , then struggles to get back to sleep. So he is exhausted in the morning and I want to get up.

Leave a comment:

• LesleyB
    replied
    Not sure, I only really have a few sips.Humidifier is on its way. My nurse at the sleep centre in Leeds is very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by LesleyB View Post
    Once I wake up and need a drink , I am usually too tired to put the mask back on.
    Lesley, may I ask if you need a drink because your mouth is very dry due to NIV or are you plain thirsty?

If NIV causes a dry mouth, using a humidifier could make a huge difference, and let you sleep using NIV for longer. xx

Leave a comment:

• shelly21
    replied
    LesleyB are you finding it helpful?

Leave a comment:

• LesleyB
    replied
    I started using my NIV a few weeks ago. I sleep on my side, always have. The machine is on my bedside table so sleep on my left side. I got used to it straight away. As long as it is fitted on my face properly, I find the rhythm soothing. But the longest I have slept with it on is 6 hours. Once I wake up and need a drink , I am usually too tired to put the mask back on. Don’t want to wake hubby up .

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Madge View Post
    I have to use my NIV whilst sleeping on my back and I sleep very soundly.
    That's great to hear Madge 👍👍

From one Sleeping Statue to another 😉😘

Leave a comment:

• Madge
    replied
    I have to use my NIV whilst sleeping on my back and I sleep very soundly. Sadly I am unable to sleep on my side which I miss not being able to change my sleeping position. I don’t have the strength to move on my side now ☹️
    i hadn’t realised yawning was another symptom of this wonderful disease I thought I was tired !!

Leave a comment:

• shelly21
    replied
    Heather R thank you. I feel better now I know its an easy solution x

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    sorry, was referring to this:

“One of the face mask supplied to hubby has the hose connected on top of the head with air tubes going down on each side of the face, it was explained that if you sleep on your side and "block" one side, the other side will suffice.”

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    I use something like this and sleep on my side, I find it fine x

Leave a comment:

• MMG
    replied
    It was supplied by Stoke Respiratory team. They are great. xxxx

Leave a comment:

• shelly21
    replied
    MMG thank you. I will make sure I mention it. I'm at Stoke on the 20th.

Leave a comment:

• MMG
    replied
    One of the face mask supplied to hubby has the hose connected on top of the head with air tubes going down on each side of the face, it was explained that if you sleep on your side and "block" one side, the other side will suffice. Think its called dreamwear. Can't comment on comfort as he doesn't yet use it, but provided to see if he would tolerate a smaller front section which still covers nose and mouth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X