Little wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little wins

At last I have been able to put my summer dresses on.However my hubby didn’t seem impressed. He has to take me to the bathroom, several times a day, sort out my undies and usually a pair of trousers. What’s the problem, I asked. He said holding my dress up and pulling my undies down wasn’t easy.Then he came in holding a peg . He was so pleased that a simple little peg , to clip my dress up and out of the way.A little win for once.

LesleyB it’s the little things that mean a lot even if it is so simple. Glad he was made up for himself. If he comes up with any other good ideas, don’t forget to share again😀😀 xx

Comment

LesleyB He's a keeper 💖

It would stop the ends of the dress getting a dunk in the loo too...
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Where would we be without the little wins?? Xxx

Comment

. 🤣🤣 thanks for sharing, Lesley. Nice to find a simple solution for once, congratulations to hubby x
          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

I use pegs for rolling his t-shirt and jumper up and out of the way when I flush his peg. I also use them to keep a hand towel in place instead of an apron or bib. I always keep some in the car. They just come in useful. 🙂
            when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Little wins are so important, even if its just finding a new and easier way of doing things.

My hubby has to help me in the loo like yours LesleyB. Loose dresses and wearing no knickers really helps ( would have been his dream at one point 😅!)

I'm going to keep a peg handy too xxx 😘🤗

Comment

Ps. Just a warning about the above attire. Take special care on the seafront in a powerchair when there is a strong breeze. 😅😚☺x

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                  Ps. Just a warning about the above attire. Take special care on the seafront in a powerchair when there is a strong breeze. 😅😚☺x
                  This is quite specific and I assume the voice of experience ?? 🤣🤣🤣
                  Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                    😳😳🫣🫣

Comment

I'm in my dresses... totally understand the breeze advice 🤣🤣🤣
                      Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

Some dresses and skirts could do with weights in the hems. Its difficult to look elegant when you are hanging onto your frock!!😯
                        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                          Its difficult to look elegant when you are hanging onto your frock!!
                          Marilyn is turning in her grave 😏
                          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I agree, no knickers no trousers, just a knee length dress for me, so much easier for hubby to transfer me. I just have to be careful when out on my electric wheelchair if it’s windy 😜

Comment

My hubby is very chuffed at your comments. We have pegs all over the house now.

Comment

Working...
                              X