4th Covid jab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th Covid jab.

Nobody has been in touch about this for Chris so I phoned the GP. They advised me to phone 119 however they directed me to the online booking site. I've managed to book an appointment but not convinced they will think he meets the criteria.
    Has anyone managed to get the 4th jab?

I spoke to the MND clinic about my husband getting a 4th COVID jab and they said the condition of MND isn't in the criteria for 4th jabs! I then spoke to our GP who agreed he should get it and sent us a message to show at the COVID centre.

Comment

That's good Katherine, I was wondering if I should get a supporting letter from the GP.
      Hope all is well with you.

Comment

I spoke to our surgery today re 4th covid jab for my husband, they informed me at present the over 75s and the very vulnerable are currently having it and my husband will have his this Autumn. He is almost 71!!xx

Comment

Originally posted by Music man's wife View Post
          Has anyone managed to get the 4th jab?
          FWIW, I had my 4th vaccination in early March.
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie well, we all know how special you are, so good for you.😀😀 You’d think it would be the same for everyone with this condition thoughxx

Comment

I booked my 4th jab in May but they refused to vaccinate me. They said I was not eligible as I was neither immunosuppresed or over 75!
              Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

Hope I bet that wasn’t a nice experience for you 😧.At least your not over 75☺️☺️Xx( not that there’s a problem being over 75, my husband is almost 71.) (thought I’d get that in before anyone thought I was being ageist🤔😀) xx

Comment

I was talking to my mom yesterday about my 4th jab and why I hadn't been contacted.
                  Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

From what I can gather it's supposed to happen come autumn but they are reconsidering because things seem to be kicking off again. At the moment the older age group but they are considering 50+. My husband is 71 but our community nurse isn't sure about what is happening and when. 🤔
                    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I got the 4th a couple of weeks ago as did my wife as my carer. Both under 75. We booked online and showed the letter from DHS last September telling me I am “extremely clinically vulnerable” at the vaccination centre as evidence. They queried my wife but let her have the 4th too. We had been waiting for a month for a call from our GP to make an appointment at the centre but discovered it had been taken away from GPs in this area and given to a new provider.
                      Diagnosed June 2019. Bulbar palsy. Lost voice. Using PEG fitted April 2021 alongside eating normally albeit slowly and messily at times.

Comment

Chris got his 4th jab today. Spoke with the GP who was amazed he wasn't called. Anyhow got to the head of the queue no questions asked.

Comment

Music man's wife 👍👍
                          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I got in touch with my GP last week and was told to call 911 which I did. The clinics offered to me where a distance away and I can’t get in my car anymore. I called the GP back to tell them this and asked for a nurse to come to my home. I’m on the waiting list 😜. My mum who is 83 had hers months ago.

Comment

My dad has just been told he can book in for his 4th COVID Jab from September. Not sure if that's due to his age (70) or the MND.

Comment

Working...
                              X