Clear All

Decent book

I found this small paperback to be really useful and well written:-

Motor Neuron Disease - the facts
    by Kevin Talbot & Rachael Marsden
    (Oxford University Press)
    ISBN 978-0-19-920691-9
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing, I'm keen to know more about MND so will look for a copy.

Comment

Professor Talbot gave me my 2nd opinion. Rachel was lovely. Might have to read that one. Cheers 🍻
      Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Yes, shelly21 Professor Talbot was my 2nd opinion too. I think he is extremely experienced.
        Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

He is. They both are.

Thanks for the heads up.

Doug
          Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

TinyLady could you ask your gp to be referred to Oxford. They will then give you support and also manage your local teams? Honestly your gp can't help you but he/she can referred you to another neuro. Isn't worth a try. Xx

Comment

shelly21 - I am under Oxford but not got any real contact with them. An appointment every 6 months is all. But I have emailed Rachael Marsden and begged for an appointment and told her I'm feeling scared and unsupported.

Let's hope they can fit me in some time soon.
              Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

TinyLady Rachel was great with me. Let's hope they help. I do worry about you x

Comment

shelly21- thank you. I am (as is my husband) extremely worried. Not so much the MND itself, but the lack of care and my complex allergies that are being ignored.

I really hope I am taken seriously. I'm nearly out of options xx

Comment

Working...
                  X