Saliva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saliva

It has taken weeks to obtain but I now have glycopyrronium bromide in liquid form. The label says 2.5mls once daily, increasing to twice daily or three times a day. I have not been told when to increase the dose. Is it just a matter of seeing how well it works? And does it take a while to be effective? I have been given no advice 🙄
    Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Hope Shame on whoever prescribed the glyco for you, it shouldn't be left up to you to figure it out...

It is a matter of finding the correct dose, when to take it and how often.

I would advise you to ask the prescribing doctor but, in the absence of any specific advice, the generic advice is to try a dose for 5-7 days, then titrate up or down, and this shouldn't take more than 4 weeks. Its therapeutic effect usually lasts 6-8hrs.

On a side note, once per day isn't going to do much so, for now at least, take that dose before your worst time of the day (I'm sure there's no 'good' time with saliva...)

If your mouth tends to be dry at night, don't take glyco after 5-6pm.

2.5mls is a very low dose, equating to just 0.5mg. For comparison, I need 10mls/2mg twice per day, to control my saliva.

Good luck! xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Ellie thank you. My GP was reluctant to prescribe anything and I had to ask the hospice to help. I had no idea what I would be prescribed. My saliva tends to be worse during the afternoon so I will take the dose later in the morning for now but I will definitely ask someone to contact the GP for advice. xx
      Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

Working...
      X