Yawning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yawning

Funny question but does anyone else have trouble trying to yawn? I sit here sometimes with my mouth open like a baby bird waiting to be fed but still can’t yawn like I use too

I have the complete opposite issue, constant yawning! I know I’m not tired and I’m yawning and yawning 🥱
    I think someone mentioned in an earlier thread that excessive yawning had some connection to MND….?

Comment

I yawn frequently but with so much energy that my jaw hurts.

Yawning is sort of contagious. Try watching some videos of people yawning and see if that encourages yawns.
      Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

I find I am yawning all the time but make stupid noises and bite my cheeks

Comment

I yawn because you are talking about yawning 😮
          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Excessive yawning is a symptom. My late Husband Mick used to yawn a lot

Comment

I have the exaggerated yawning problem. Not a nice gentle yawn but like some demented animal. No idea why.

Comment

Me too. Huge yawns that nearly dislocate my jaw, followed by teeth crunching. Weird joys/hazards of MND x
                Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

I often find it difficult to yawn. It is frustrating because I feel the need to yawn but nothing happens! Other times I have the wide ‘hippo’ yawn that can be really painful at times. My jaw seems to constantly shift too.
                  Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tony;n88626]I have the exaggerated yawning problem. Not a nice gentle yawn but like some demented animal. No idea why.[/QUOTE

Me too. When I blow I have very little puff but when I yawn it goes on for ages and make the strangest guttural noises that I can’t prevent….very strange.

Comment

We’d make a great choir (to look at too!) x
                      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Hubby yawns lots and makes weird really loud noises at the same time. only started fairly recently.

The neurologist said its part of emotional lability. Or liability!!!!!!
                        Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicates with eye gaze.

Respiratory and blood gases still within normal range.

No speech but sense of humour still fully intact.

Comment

Trouble with talking about yawning is it just makes me yawn....
                          Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

Working...
                          X