Nefopam - side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nefopam - side effects

I'm up early again after another sleepless night. Which is extremely unusual for me. It all started after I took Nefopam that the GP prescribed me Monday. Doing some research there are some interesting papers on this drug so I thought I would mention it on here.

I take it instead of my Naproxen and cocodamol that I cannot swallow now. I get pain unrelated to my MND, but some that I can blame on my MND.

Anyway, aside from the insomnia, which is a rare side effect (I will avoid my night time dose tonight and see how I get on, but I'm also more alert in the day). It has some other uses/ side effects of note:

It seems to have originally been an antidepressant and can work in a similar way apparently
    There are other side effects, one of which I am also getting - a really dry mouth (could be useful?)
    Also it is especially useful for neuropathic pain apparently.
    There were also some articles calling for it to stop being prescribed too.... doesn't seem popular with some medical professionals.

Anyway, I thought it might be interesting if anyone needs pain relief plus dry mouth and feeling more alert 🙂

​​​​​​​I will try to post the links to articles...
    Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

A couple of the articles.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...fqueRhBvnX4N8D
    Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

Working...
    X