Ups and downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ups and downs

On Monday I finally got my power chair and was so relieved - I have lost count of the number of falls I have had since April when I was deemed high risk of falls.

The happiness was short lived; the cushion I have been given is so hard that by the end of the day I was in so much discomfort I couldn’t sit on anything 😢. I have rung wheelchair services and am now waiting for a call back ( not holding my breath because every other time I have been promised a call back it hasn’t happened).

Can I ask what sort of cushion have other people had with their chair? I would like to be prepared for when I have to ring them back.

Karen62 I cant recommend a cushion but my wheelchair assessment i was told that there are lots of cushions available. Hope you get sorted x
    Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

I'm so fed up with phoning, hanging on for 30 minutes plus, that I've resorted to writing. Tried to get a bio bidet fixed for months. No call back, hung on for 30 minutes x 3. Wrote a letter and they called me back and sent a plumber.
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Hi Karen,

The wheelchair services OT will have various different cushions available to make sure that you can get the one that suits you the best. You may have to wait whilst they order one but other than that it should be a fairly swift process. Preventing pressure sores is extremely important and this is where you could end up if this does not get fixed quickly.

If you are not getting the service you require from the provider then please look at their website and find out what you need to do to raise a complaint. If you need any help with this please DM me, I am on a national forum for my provider Ajm Healthcare and service issues like this are taken very seriously.

James x
        Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Originally posted by Karen62 View Post
          Can I ask what sort of cushion have other people had with their chair? I would like to be prepared for when I have to ring them back.
          Good seat cushions for people at very high risk of developing pressure sores are Vicair 9-10cm, a good, deep RoHo and Jay deep contour gel, but not all cushions are suitable for all people, which is why your seating position and weight distribution need to be properly assessed. xx
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Shock of shocks got a call back! A new cushion has been ordered- just no idea how long it will take or what type it is. Watch this space. Thank you to everybody who replied. X

Comment

Originally posted by Karen62 View Post
              Shock of shocks got a call back! A new cushion has been ordered- just no idea how long it will take or what type it is. Watch this space. Thank you to everybody who replied. X
              That’s fab news 👍xx
              Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Working...
              X