New wheelchair broken 5 in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wheelchair broken 5 in

I seriously think I'm jinxed. Had powerchair 5 days and its broken. The tilt is broken and without that I cant get it into bedroom or out of the house.

Engineer came today and said he needs to take it for repair but can't give a date when it will be fixed.

I actually think I've become immune to things never going smoothly πŸ™ƒ
    Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

shelly21 how frustrating....and why does it always take so long for a repair!

I'm still waiting for repair of my T-I-S armchair. It tilts and rises but the foot rest keeps getting stuck in the out position (not helpful when you need to get out of it) still waiting on a part...3weeks now.
    Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Tabbycat these much needed items cost so much but the aftercare is poor. The engineer explained that there are just 2 engineers covering a huge area.

Comment

shelly21Who is your wheelchair services provider in your area is it Ajm Healthcare or somebody else ?
        Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

Oh Shelly, what rotten luck 😟

Which chair is it? xx
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

shelly21 yes you do sound calm about it! What a bugger! Was it a new one? And I am still waiting for a new bed when could seriously hurt myself on the rough edges of the hole.

Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Its a quickie 500m. I don't think its new. They don't sell this type anymore they sell the pro version. The head rest is huge and blocks my vision at the sides.

The leg lift wasn't put on either. I've asked for that function so I can stretch my legs out when stuff. Also asked for a smaller headrest.

Comment

I sympathise with everyone. Our bio bidet wasn't working and we waited 2-3 months for someone to call. I ended up writing and complaining because hanging on the phone was a waste of time. Surely they can find engineers to do the work! Its shameful.

I thought I had the same problem with Stephen's chair. I couldn't figure out why the foot rest wouldn't go down until I realised it was the TV remote. πŸ™„
                when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Does the equipment like wheelchairs have to be serviced/repaired by the supplier or are u able to ask independently from local businesses etc that might be able to help and offer to repair for free? An engineering firm in your area to do any needed repairs if they could? Don't know if that is against the loan agreement? X
                  Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

Oh no, what a pain! I hope they get it fixed quickly and sort out the other issues for you.

Comment

I don't think anyone will carry out repairs for nothing. Sorry to sound negative. I dont know how plumbers, electricians etc are employed by suppliers of equipment. 2 engineers hardly sounds like enough. You would think some charities might be able to help out.

Comment

Zante its got to be done by the supplier unfortunately. πŸ˜’

Comment

denise its a case of once the chair is purchased then the supplier doesn't care.

They have telephoned us and guided us in putting it into tilt so I can get into my bedroom and out the house. At least I can go on my holiday this weekend.
                          ​​​​​​​

Comment

It's a shame you cant get it fixed then send them the bill. shelly21 What would they do if it broke down and you were out some where? Doesn't bare thinking about.

Comment

Denise i thought the same so the manual chair will have to be kept in the wav. They are heavy things so not easily dragged etc.

I'm back from holiday on the 5th September and will chase them. The mnda do loan chairs so I might ask them. X

Comment

Working...
                              X