Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't been on here for a few busy getting depressed about my deterioration . I no Eye gaze so getting some practice. few months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been on here for a few busy getting depressed about my deterioration . I no Eye gaze so getting some practice. few months.

I am finding it rather cumbersome I'm not a good typist and my eyes water quite a bit. I hope everyone is as well as possible given their condition.
    Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Great to see you back here Rosemary.

Comment

Glad to see you back here Rosemary6NT πŸ€—

I'm sure there are some eye gaze users on here, willing to share their acquired wisdom 😘
      Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder and hand function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Good to see you still here Bowler. Sorry to find some names missing
        Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Rosemary6NT Ah bless your little cotton socks for posting, Rosemary πŸ‘πŸ‘

It is sooooo good to hear from you and I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

As for the eye gaze, if you think you have to look at a letter or icon before it responds, the amount of time needed to generate an 'enter' can be made shorter (or longer)

Love to you and Chris πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Hi rosemary its lovely hearing from you. You are doing well for your first eye gaze post. X
            Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Rosemary6NT lovely to hear from you. I often wonder how u r doing and others on here when haven't heard for a while. Well done with the eye gaze. U r doing brilliant Rosemary. I hope u have a decent support team to help. Thinking of u. Xx
              Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

Thank you lovely people for your greetings. xxx

Comment

Rosemary6NT

How lovely to hear from you. I do often wonder about people we haven't heard from in a while. Well done on using Eye Gaze to post. I hope things get easier for you x
                  Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Rosemary6NT it is lovely to hear from you, I have been wondering how you are.

I often wonder about people who have not posted for a while. x
                    Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

Rosemary6NT lovely to hear from you Rosemary. Eye gaze sounds so difficult to me, well done for giving it a go on here. Hope your eyes get used to it xx
                      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Dean found eye gaze easier than his predecessor head camera, but found he had to speed up the "selector" to 1 second.

He suffered with sore eyes though, so we had his eyes tested and new glasses but he didnt get on with them as couldn't watch TV with them on and use eye gaze at the same time.

He got frequent bouts if conjunctivitis so I used hypromellose (think thats the spelling) a few times a day and always had fresh antibiotic eye drops for when he got an infection.

Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicated with eye gaze

Sense of humour intact throughout.

Sadly passed away peacefully 2/9/22

Comment

Hi rosemary

So lovely to hear from you. Weve all missed you. If you get depressed get yourself on here and we will do our best to cheer you up.

Lots of love and hugs
                          Denise xxx
                          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

MMG hope you are ok good to see you are still accessing the forum. Sending love😘xx

Comment

If you find yourself depressed, you are on the first step of recovery. Recognizing that it exists is a big step, but once you get on that ladder, you can take a second and third steps. It won't be long before you are feeling right as rain!

Comment

Working...
                              X