Ventilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dina,

Your speech therapist should be able to help you with talking things and apps, etc.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

If you have an ipad Dina you can get a key to attach from Amazon. I got one for my ipad air2 and the ipad clips into so looks like a mini laptop. I used it for a couple of weeks but took it out of it. Now I use the touch screen. But if I want a keyboard sometime it's there waiting. Lynne
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
      I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Thank you the information. I shall have to try to find it on Amazon.

Thanks, Terry,

I'm waiting for a gizmo from Assistive Technology, which I think is supposed to help. I shall also contact my community OT when I finally get home from hospital...
        Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Hi Dina,

If you are going to buy a keyboard for your iPad, the ones with raised keys/buttons, tend to be easier to use with weak fingers, rather than those with flat keys/buttons which often need a firm & definite press.

Hope the gizmo is useful.

Love Ellie.
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
            Hi Dina,

If you are going to buy a keyboard for your iPad, the ones with raised keys/buttons, tend to be easier to use with weak fingers, rather than those with flat keys/buttons which often need a firm & definite press.

Hope the gizmo is useful.

Love Ellie.
            Thanks, Ellie. That really useful to know.
            Dina

Comment

Good(ish) news

Sort of good news yesterday. After a sudden, marked but sustained deterioration, the doctors and palliative care nurses are putting a plan into place which, it is hoped, will alleviate symptoms. We also have a plan for the following step. I feel happier and more settled, particularly as we are still working towards my discharge home.
              Dina

Comment

It's always good to have a plan of action Dina - it takes a lot of fear out of the equation and gives you head space to focus on other aspects of life.

Sounds like you're in good hands with a knowlegable and caring team.

Big hug to you.

Love Ellie.
                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                  It's always good to have a plan of action Dina - it takes a lot of fear out of the equation and gives you head space to focus on other aspects of life.

Sounds like you're in good hands with a knowlegable and caring team.

Big hug to you.

Love Ellie.
                  I certainly am, Ellie. I can't overstate how amazing they have been - I've probably bored everyone silly, going on about it - sorry! Not only that but communication between here, MND clinic and community team is excellent. I feel very fortunate - even though I have this horrid disease.
                  Dina

Comment

Originally posted by Gillette View Post
                    I've probably bored everyone silly, going on about it - sorry!
                    You never bore us Dina;

Love Terry
                    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Working...
                    X