X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry
    replied
    Originally posted by Gillette View Post
    I've probably bored everyone silly, going on about it - sorry!
    You never bore us Dina;

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    It's always good to have a plan of action Dina - it takes a lot of fear out of the equation and gives you head space to focus on other aspects of life.

Sounds like you're in good hands with a knowlegable and caring team.

Big hug to you.

Love Ellie.
    I certainly am, Ellie. I can't overstate how amazing they have been - I've probably bored everyone silly, going on about it - sorry! Not only that but communication between here, MND clinic and community team is excellent. I feel very fortunate - even though I have this horrid disease.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    It's always good to have a plan of action Dina - it takes a lot of fear out of the equation and gives you head space to focus on other aspects of life.

Sounds like you're in good hands with a knowlegable and caring team.

Big hug to you.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Good(ish) news

Sort of good news yesterday. After a sudden, marked but sustained deterioration, the doctors and palliative care nurses are putting a plan into place which, it is hoped, will alleviate symptoms. We also have a plan for the following step. I feel happier and more settled, particularly as we are still working towards my discharge home.

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi Dina,

If you are going to buy a keyboard for your iPad, the ones with raised keys/buttons, tend to be easier to use with weak fingers, rather than those with flat keys/buttons which often need a firm & definite press.

Hope the gizmo is useful.

Love Ellie.
    Thanks, Ellie. That really useful to know.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Hi Dina,

If you are going to buy a keyboard for your iPad, the ones with raised keys/buttons, tend to be easier to use with weak fingers, rather than those with flat keys/buttons which often need a firm & definite press.

Hope the gizmo is useful.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi Lynne,

Thank you the information. I shall have to try to find it on Amazon.

Thanks, Terry,

I'm waiting for a gizmo from Assistive Technology, which I think is supposed to help. I shall also contact my community OT when I finally get home from hospital...

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    If you have an ipad Dina you can get a key to attach from Amazon. I got one for my ipad air2 and the ipad clips into so looks like a mini laptop. I used it for a couple of weeks but took it out of it. Now I use the touch screen. But if I want a keyboard sometime it's there waiting. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Dina,

Your speech therapist should be able to help you with talking things and apps, etc.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    It would be good if you have a fitted keyboard in a case that's quite easy to use. I used to write anything longer out in Word, ( Laptop) and then copy and paste it on the forum.

Good thinking, Terry. I think I shall have to start doing that.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Dina;

"You certainly know how to please a woman, Terry." I don't know about that Dina but I can make them laugh one way or another. I quite often try to use sign language for thank you, most people think I'm blowing a kiss.

I was wondering about voice control as well but not much use for the Chimp or The Cat. They don't understand our grunts, meows or my purring.

It would be good if you have a fitted keyboard in a case that's quite easy to use. I used to write anything longer out in Word, ( Laptop) and then copy and paste it on the forum.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Dina, to my shame, I don't know if you can talk or not, apologies.

If you can, you could use voice commands and dictation.

Love Ellie.
    Hi Ellie,

That's ok, there's no reason why you would know.

I can still talk, although it's getting weaker every day. As the wifi is so unreliable here, I'll have to see what capabilities my ipad has already included in the operating system.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Dina, to my shame, I don't know if you can talk or not, apologies.

If you can, you could use voice commands and dictation.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi Terry,

Thank you! Your comment about keyboards reminded me that I have a cover and keyboard at home that I could use. Brilliant! My mood has lifted already.

You certainly know how to please a woman, Terry. But, of course, Kayleigh already knew that, didn't she?

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Dina;

Touch screens can be more difficult than laptops and keyboards. I have troubles with long nails and curling fingers quite often.

That's all you need, more hurdles .

Hugs Terry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X