Doug Carpenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug Carpenter

I am very sorry to tell all his friends that Doug died on Tuesday October 18th. He began feeling a bit unwell over the weekend, and deteriorated rapidly on Monday night. We called an ambulance, but he did not recover consciousness and died in the John Radcliffe hospital very peacefully. As he wished, his brain has been donated to the Oxford Brain Bank. Scientific research was his life's work, and he had participated in the MND research being carried out in Oxford, since his diagnosis in April 2017, so his brain will be particularly useful to the researchers.

Suzie Miles (his wife)
    Diagnosed April 2017

Suzie am so sorry to read this sad news. He was such a gentleman. Very thoughtful of you to let us know. Thinking of u and your family at this difficult time. Xx
    Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this news. Love to all of you he will be truly missed. ❀
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Very sorry suzie for your loss. Doug will be missed. A very calm gentleman. Xx
        Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Sorry to read this, but thank you for also highlighting his wishes beyond this forum.
          2020: odd symptoms. Nov 2021: Hand atrophy.. Mar 2022: Second arm atrophy - Confirmed Apr 2022: MND.
          Also Crohn's Disease from 2005ish. (Hi, I'm Dan in Cheshire)...

Comment

Such a sad sad loss, he will be missed by everyone here πŸ˜”β€οΈ

Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

Sorry for your loss. R I P Doug xx

Comment

Rest in peace Sweetie xxx
                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

So sorry to hear this. He will be missed. RIP Doug. xx
                  Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Rest easy Doug

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss, Suzie.

RIP Doug, our milk tray man xxx

Comment

So very sad to hear this news and of your loss Suzie. He was a lovely man to get to know on here and will be missed xx
                        Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

So sorry for your loss, rest peacefully Doug.
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Rest In Peace Doug.

If you are listening Doug, thank you for your advice on the reclining wheelchair.

Sorry for your loss Suzie.

The mark of the man, even after his death, he kept giving. Let us all take an example from him.

Comment

Sending love and comfort across the Atlantic to you Suzie and your family. Doug was always a comforting source of strength and advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X