Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciation for Ellie

Hi All

Don't really want to sound cheesy but I just want to voice my appreciation for Ellie. I’ve been on this forum for many years now as a wife/carer for my husband who has MND. I don’t contribute much because mine is quite a negative experience and I don’t want to pull people down when life really is hard enough for you all. I therefore just tend to pop in to read about others’ experiences and for tips to help my husband. Over the years there has been one constant who despite the difficulties she herself faces, gives selflessly every day (pretty much) to everyone, new and seasoned members.
    So, here’s to Ellie from Dublin who has helped and counselled so many with MND and their carers over the years. I raise my Christmas glass to you to show my appreciation publicly.

Thank you Ellie. Best wishes for 2023.

Kathryn xxx

Boiler68 I wholeheartedly agree Kathryn. I think Ellie has been far more support than any person who is supposed to be looking after me. And she always has good humour to go with wise words xx
    Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

Well said Kathryn. Ellie is like having your mother around, offering advice, encouragement, warmth, love and even the odd scolding when necessary.
      Last edited by Bowler; 30 December 2022, 08:44.

Comment

I agree. I’m very grateful for Ellie’s knowledge and support.

Comment

Totally agree with this sentiment ! Thanks Ellie x

Comment

Hear hear! Thanks Ellie - our mother hen who keeps us all in order.
            Thanks for your wise words, and long may they continue.
            Last edited by WheelsOfSteel; 30 December 2022, 14:09.
            Hi, I'm Eddie.
            Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
            Full time powerchair user. Overnight NIV. PEG'ed but still eating. Voice banked but still talking.
            Still wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Knowledge and care all rolled into one. Thank you Ellie 😊 💓
              Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

I can feel the heat coming from Ellie's red cheeks from cornwall!!

Totally agree to everything said above. What always amazes me Ellie is your attitude and compassion and understanding for others. We all have different progression and onset but we are all together here and I for one feel able to ask for advice and help even though I am nowhere near far along compared to most, but Ellie always has the time and commitment. As do an awful lot of people here. Ellie no doubt u r embarrassed but its all true. Thanks for being here. Xx
                Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

Great shout Kathryn. 👏. Elie consistently offers sound and expert encouragement and advice. There always humour and understanding, in spite of the many challenges she faces.

I'm sure she would rather be my knowledgeable and wise younger sister than my mother though.😂 Thank you Ellie for always being there for us xxx😘🤗🥰

Comment

I agree with all that has been said x it amazes me how you cope as I know, from what you have said, it ain’t easy x you always have some humour which is so good for all our spirits x may it continue x all the best for 2023 x

Comment

Me too. Ellie is a font of knowledge on all things Mnd and manages to be kind, compassionate and cheer us all up when required x
                      Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Another message of appreciation and thanks for Ellie, who can always be relied on to come up with helpful advice and suggestions. Where would we be without her?! I don't post on here much but I check in at least once a day and have learned so much over the past year. Many thanks Ellie.
                        Diagnosed November 21, ALS limb onset, started in right hand June 2020

Comment

Boiler68 😳🤗😘 to you, Kathryn, and to everyone - each and every kind word is humbling to read, but very much appreciated.

As I always say, what's the point in my knowledge learned through years of experience staying in my head. It’s my pleasure to be able to try help others out.

Heartfelt thanks xx
                          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

You are brilliant all round xxxx

Comment

Absolutely agree wholehearted. Ellie has a wealth of knowledge plus experience. This forum needs Ellie. Thanks so much Ellie😘😘

Comment

Working...
                              X