X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Catsparkle;

It's a big step in your mind but a short small opp carried out with local anesthetic normally.

It is there for a back up if needed.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Catsparkle
    replied
    Thankyou, my breathing was checked and was fine, so they'll sedate me. Good luck with your procedure Gillette, lots of love x

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi Catsparkle,

Sorry to hear that your condition has worsened. I am in a similar position and am due to have my PEG fitted next Monday .

Do you have NIV? I have recently been told that the NIV will be in use during the procedure. If you don't have any breathing difficulties I imagine they would use regular sedation to insert the PEG.

All the best for your assessment on Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Good luck with your Peg consultation. I'm sorry about your deterioration Catsparkle. Take care. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Catsparkle
    started a topic Peg consultation

Peg consultation

Hi all, I've got quite a bit worse in the past 6 months. Have bulbar involvement now,and what a bugger it is when you cant go to the loo by yourself anymore! I love having the carers in though. And my beloved ex is working through my bucket list with me 😁
    So,yes, peg consultation this Thursday , i know its sensible, my swallow is going as is my last arm, but ive been finding it very upsetting..
Working...
X