Jan Q. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jan,

With your speech deteriorating have you tried any talking machines and do you have contact with a speech therapist.

It is good to try things out and get used to them just in case you need them.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Terry thanks for your reply, yes I have downloaded an app text to speech and think it will be very useful, my great grandson said it was cool Nanny , it was my way of gently telling him that I may have to talk to him like that soon, he is 11years of age and it must be difficult for him to see me now having been a very active Nanny (an ex landlady) so very busy too and now he sees me like this. Life can be very cruel can't it? I appreciate your feedback since I joined this site I have found it inspiring to say the least. Xxx Jan Q.

Comment

Hi Jan;

What device are you using and what app have you downloaded?

Is a speech therapist involved and helping you?

I'm all questions.

Love Terry
        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Terry sorry this is such a late reply , I use Kindle fire tablet and app is called "text to speech" free app and nice sounding voice, yes I have a speech therapist coming to see me now she is great with all sorts of info in fact she gave me info on apps ,also is now helping with my problem with mucus which wakes me up a lot to have to get rid of it , thanks for input as I have said before so useful to be able to chat and get things off chest. X JAN Q.

Comment

Hi Jan,

It's good to get things out of your throat as well as off your chest.

One thing that we have not talked about recently is a nebuliser. Used with saline, it's great at clearing the nasal passages and helps the throat to.

Thanks for the information on your talking app, I think that it uses the voice that is on your tablet, but I might be wrong.

Does your tablet have a predictive keyboard?

Love Terry

Comment

Hi Terry, I think you are right the voice is the one on my tablet,but I could adjust the speed which was good. Yes I have predictive text, I like it, have used it on phone for ages so am used to it. Thanks for advice on nebulizer have just been given one in last couple weeks, have been using it once a day in morning and then cough machine afterwards, but feel I would like to use it before bedtime as its in the night that I wake up with this lump in throat, is it ok to use as and when ? I wasn't given too much info as the nurse is coming to see me tomorrow to check on how I am doing with all the machinery!!! X love Jan Q.

Comment

I can't see any problems using it then but maybe ask GP first.

I am using a cheaper tablet and I had to download SwiftKey that does a good job.
                Love Terry

Comment

Working...
                X