throat spasmns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Barry

No, too late for the hands on course. Test has to be completed, and passed by Jan1 for all employees who's CPR certification had expired, I was one of them.

I thought for sure I would breeze thru the online class until the virtual infants I had to save looked like real babies ! The computer simulation was more terrifying then the previous hands on classes I took in the past.

My first try I couldn't figure how to make all the computer stuff move quickly and accurately. My 2nd attempt I couldn't figure out where to place the AED pads correctly on a child (that took me 5 minutes to figure out) and the child lost too much oxygen, so another fail. My 3rd try I didn't do the right amount of compressions per breaths.

All the time the clock is ticking, my heart is racing, and I'm breaking out in a in panic !!! and its only a computer simulation! I definitely would not the be right person in a real life situation that's for sure.

I have to pass by Sunday or I get a level 1 infraction, and still have to pass test.

I even tried to bribe my kids with money if one of them would take it for me, but they didn't want to do it for 2 hours Ugh

Trying again tomorrow ...

xox

Comment

Hi CC. Take your own advice, calm down and you will do it. You know how the thing works now and where to put the pads etc. etc. You'll do it for sure. GA xxxxx

Comment

Thanks Ann, Barry. 'Fourth time a charm' I'm confident of it

xox

Comment

Be positive CC U will ace it.

Comment

Thanks Ali Chris.

Turns out fourth time not such a charm

I was on a one man CPR team (just me) on a child and was suppose call for help after 2 minutes of CPR, I remembered to call for help around 4 minutes! not acceptable to the computer.

Oh where is Chloe Bot when I need her LoL

Thank goodness there is no limit on how many times I can take it. Its New Years Eve having a big glass of wine and giving another go ....I can do this ! staying calm

xox

Comment

Lucky 5 !

done and done...Phew ! now will keep everything crossed no one ever has a heart attack in front of me ....if the heart attack doesn't kill them I will !!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FORUM FRIENDS XOX

Comment

Must have been the wine that calmed you down CC.

Barry x
                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

LOL

Yes it must have been Barry.

xox

Comment

Working...
                  X