• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellie
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Sammyjojo View Post
    Hi, thank you for getting back to me. My mom gets claustrophobic with the mask and she
    Don't get on with the nose one because she sleeps with her mouth open. Can I ask what medication you are talking
    And what type of mnd you was diagnosed with? X

Hi Sammy,

Is this the reply to me? it didn’t have a name on it so I didn’t know it was for me – sorry.

No, as I said, I don’t take morphine or lorazepam (or any meds to help me sleep or antidepressants. I only take riluzole, antispasmodics, saliva meds & a stomach liner)

I have ALS/MND. I use a total face mask with a Nippy 3+, no other mask I tried was as comfortable.

Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Sammyjojo

Hi, Ellie yes this was the one sorry for the confusion and thank you for getting back to me. I thought I read in one of you're posts that you have taken morphine and lorazepam I must have been mistaken with another post.

Comment

• Terry
        Forum Member
        • May 2012

Hi Sammy;

Don't worry about the chimp, she probably climbed down the tree the wrong side this morning.

The forum does take a bit of getting used to and can be confusing especially if you are stressed and worried.

Try to get your mom used to having it on for longer periods during the day with the mask so that she gets used to it for 3 hours or longer. this will build her confidence with her machine and lessen her anxiety during the night.

I would be tempted to try that and maybe lorazipam at night just put under tongue.

If she really wants to try the nose things during the night then you can buy some snoring aids that close your mouth or even a couple of small bit of tape.

Love Terry

The gentile cat
        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Ellie
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Terry View Post

The gentile cat
          Oh sweetie, thanks for the giggle…
          ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Sammyjojo

Thank you you're message she is slowly getting used to it.
            ��

Comment

Working...
            X