No announcement yet.

Flu Jab 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my flu jab yesterday, the District Nurse came to see me at home and I had no reaction whatsoever. When I was diagnosed last year my GP rang me to tell me that he was registering me as a priority patient this allows me to order medication over the phone, get appointments more easily and home visits when needed for jabs, blood or consultations. I don't know if this applies to all GP's surgeries but it is worth asking if any such scheme operates in your area. Tomorrow I have arranged for a mobile hairdresser to come and visit me at home for a short back and sides, something that I have not done before but each visit to the barbers this year has been more and more difficult and now I have decided to take an easier route, although it is a shame to see things that you used to do without a second thought being stripped away. Snip, Snip, Snip as the poet once featured here once put it so eloquently.

John

Comment

Hi all,

I had the flu jab five days ago and I am pleased to say that I am OK.

But I did think that I was tired and my movement was poor in the afternoon after it. My wife also felt extra tired after hers in the afternoon.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi, I just searched for a flu jab thread. My husband who has had a heart bypass got a text from the GP today saying that he is eligible for a flu jab 2017 and to please call and arrange it. They haven't texted me. There again, they haven't made any contact with me since my diagnosis! I assume I should have a flu jab? I think I read somewhere about a pneumonia jab - does anyone know anything about that?
        Thanks,
        Bern

Comment

Hi Bern,

Yes, you both should get the annual flu jab. It's usually given from Sept/Oct, before the start of the "flu season", but some GPs may have it now?

The pneumonia vaccine is a once-off vaccine (except for some people with an immune issue) and you should get this jab too.

Ellie x.
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thanks Ellie. I thought it was early but his text definitely says they have it.
            Bern x

Comment

Had it a week ago.

Stiff arm for a day then no other effects

Comment

Had mine last week and no ill affects. Annoyed with my surgery as they failed to notify me. They normally do so with at risk patients but the system seems to be creaking.

Barry
                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Similar poor experience to Barry over notification.

But you can just walk in to many pharmacies and get it right away.

A week or more on - absolutely no side effects.

Doug

Comment

Yep same, no notification;

I had the Flu jam six days ago and have experienced head aches, one whist in bed two days after and sometimes shorter ones in the days that have followed.

Of course it could be nothing to do with that as I have so many things going on and tooth trouble again.

Such fun, Love Terry
                    Last edited by Terry; 10 October 2017, 18:03.
                    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi TC,

I hope you feel better soon. The inoculation may have side effects but you would feel much worse if you caught flu.

Barry x
                      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Not having jab this year. Rollin' the dice. Dude x

Comment

I'm booked in next week never had any problems pre MND with jab hope all goes well this time

Comment

Hi, I had my first ever flu jab today. I was also booked in for the pneaumonia jab but the GP Practice had none in stock. Evidently there’s a national shortage of the vaccine.
                            The GP practice won’t inform me when they get any!!
                            I have to keep ringing them to see if they have it.
                            I despair!
                            Bern x

Comment

Had my flu jab a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't offered a pneumonia jab is this a good idea. Do you all have this one aswell?

Comment

Hi Pinkelle,
                                My MND consultant said it was a must. But it's a one off and isn't repeated.
                                Bern x

Comment

Working...
                                X