X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that tip Bern, I will enquire

Comment

I don't have it so far, Pink;

My breathing and cough are quite strong, mind you you can catch the germ, and that takes down strong people and I guess that's what that jab is for.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

It would be interesting who has had a 2018 flu and or pneumonia jab and what if any reaction they have had to it.

It helps others know that they are OK or what small reaction they might have.

Love Terry
        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

I have a nurse coming to do mine today I will report if any adverse reactions, Flu and Pneumonia I hope, A 9 -5 Window which could have been smaller although I haven't any plans for outings Ha . Been inside since July. Far to weary for gallivanting.. Ho Hum.. TIANDB

Comment

Hi I have had both of them within the last week with no reaction only very sore stiff arms from the jab site . I didn't know about the pneumonia one but the nurse suggested it when I had the flu jab.

A bit of discomfort is worth it if stops you getting flu and pneumonia . The doctor who did the pneumonia jab said I would a get a sore arm due to having poor muscle tone

Love Chris

Comment

I had my flu shot with no adverse reaction. Injection site was red the next day, that's it.

The Pneumonia vaccine - the PPV23 - is a once-off shot (for most people) and is recommended for us. It gives protection against community acquired pneumonia, but obviously not against aspiration pneumonia.

Love Ellie.
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I had a flu jab with no adverse reactions. I had the standard one that contains the protection for four flu bugs. My husband had the new 'enhanced' jab that they're giving to those aged 65 and over. This was developed in France and gives protection for 3 flu bugs but also stimulates the immune system more than the standard jab. My husband had a dreadful reaction. He ached all over and was so exhausted/sleepy that he was in bed for most of three days.

I've never previously heard about a pneumonia shot. What's that and can anybody in any part of the country get it? We thought that pneumonia is bacterial so didn't expect a jab would be available. I'm interested to find out more. Thanks. Lynne
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
                I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Here is info on the Pneumonia vaccine.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccin...l-vaccination/

There were shortages of it in the UK last winter, but as Chris got hers recently, the supply issue must be rectified.

Sorry to hear hubby had a reaction to the Over 65 flu shot.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Mick had both yesterday n was ok ( apart from
                    falling later in day on drive, first fall)

Comment

Thanks Ellie. After I posted earlier I went to the NHS and searched. So now I'm clued up and thinking about speaking to my doctor about it. Lynne
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Comment

I rang my doctors surgery this afternoon to ask for a pneumonia jab. I'm told that the message will be passed on to my GP and I'll get an answer either tomorrow or next week. Lynne

Comment

I think you're being wise Lynne - the more we can protect ourselves from lurgies, the better!

Love Ellie.

Comment

Sore arm for a few hours. Otherwise no reaction.

Definitely worth having this year.

Doug

Comment

Thanks Ellie
                              That's good Doug. I'm having my neumonia jab on the afternoon of Wednesday 17th. It was the first afternoon appointment available. I hope, like you, no after effects other than where they jabbed. Lynne

Comment

Working...
                              X