No announcement yet.

Supplements what are you taking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ellie Received my Vit B12 spray, uploaded packet for you to look at IMG_20210615_133605.jpg IMG_20210615_133559.jpg
    Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

EvelynMW It doesn't state on the box which form of B12 it contains, so I looked at Healthspan's website and yes, it is methylcobalamin. πŸ‘ xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Ellie Must be ok then! Is it dearer or cheaper than what you buy? I find it hard to trust other suppliers.

Next, for Peter to try CBD - getting slight;y depressed and sleeping very badly.....
        Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

Interested in that supplement Ellie the B12 with methylcobalamin & EvelynMW. I struggle to swallow some supplements that seem so huge. So if it's liquid form that may be preferred. Thanks for the posts both πŸ‘πŸ’‹
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

EvelynMW LindaB I can't handle sprays, so I take the little tabs which go under the tongue (sublingual) and I take a higher dose, 1000mcg methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) xx

​

Comment

Ellie Have you noticed real benefits from taking B12, or do you just accept that it is helping? I assume there is no chance of taking too much, the Healthspan version says no more than 4 sprays a day - why would they give a limit? Guess i need to go back to their website and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                EvelynMW LindaB I can't handle sprays, so I take the little tabs which go under the tongue (sublingual) and I take a higher dose, 1000mcg methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) xx
                Oh that's probably something I could manage...can I ask which company you use to order? πŸ‘
                Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

EvelynMW I take B12 primarily as I am vegetarian - with meat being the main food source of B12, I was open to be lacking in it. My GP advised me to take B12 when I was diagnosed, unaware I already took it, but I increased the dose and changed to sublingual for greater absorption.

Yes, you can take too much of anything! But vitamin B12 is water soluble, so is eliminated in the urine, but it's advisable to follow directions. xx

​

Comment

LindaB I buy my vitamins from Piping Rock. xx

​

Comment

Ellie thanks very much for the info πŸ‘

Comment

Working...
                      X