Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denise
    replied
    Very funny Ellie. Though if it's that good I shall do the lot. Top to toe in udder cream. 😃😁😉

Leave a comment:

• slp
    replied
    Mole Valley Farmer and probably Amazon xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    We buy it in the local farm shop along with the animal feed - I'm sure it's available online too. I don't think you'll want a giant tub (though I may be wrong 😆)

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I'm going to look udder cream up. Sounds like good stuff. Anyone buy it anywhere in particular?

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    slp My daughter uses udder cream on her chilblains too, also on the dog's itchy skin - very versatile!

Leave a comment:

• slp
    replied
    One of the best things we used on the horses legs in the winter to prevent mud fever was cows udder cream but it is the best thing to use on chilblains. Just the best and my family still use it now x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    We need the recipe

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    This conversation brings me in mind of horse liniment - my grandfather used to train the Queen Mother's polo ponies and when I started cycling he prescribed it my legs – never had a better massage for tired legs!

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    And when I thought of the green bottle I know what went through my mind. 😊

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    I think in days gone by if you went to doctor. He'd stroke his beard ( he always had a beard) gaze at his row of shelves, and chose from a brown bottle or the green bottle. If you were feeling tired you'd get the green bottle. Anything else he you'd get the brown bottle.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Then if you can get things on the internet why not the chemist? Stupid. Someone should compile a dossier of the old remedies. With the internet it should bring up some interesting recipes from all over the world.

Leave a comment:

• slp
    replied
    Sometimes but those old fashioned remedies were good and are mainly forgotten although you can source some things on the Internet xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Things just get more difficult and I don't understand why. Suppose you have to go through the vet and it costs more.

Leave a comment:

• slp
    replied
    Denise just like everything you can't buy supplements from the chemist anymore . We used to buy the big brown glass bottles of all sorts of acid too and we would mix our own potions for horses foot problems. You can't do that now either. Health and safety gone mad x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X