X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATRUGHNA MANI LAMICHHANE
    replied
    Hi Andy
    Can advise you to go for Riluzol. I am having Rilutor 50mg (different name for the same medicine, hardly available in Delhi).
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Andy, I’ve taken Riluzone for 3 years and 3 months without side effects. Blood checked every 3 months either at clinic or the GPS. I read somewhere that Riluzone can extend life for between 9 and 18 months. If you decide to take Riluzone, which I hope that you do, make sure that you have it either 1 hour before eating or 2 hours after eating for it to be absorbed properly.I’m still wobbling around home with my walker and wheelchair outside, Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 3 February 2021, 22:02.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    Hi Rachelr
    how do you take cucumim? I could try my husband on some.
    thanks Denise xx
    denise I take curcumin daily but tablet form is not readily absorbed into the bloodstream. There is a liquid version available from www.truthorigins.co.uk and although it is expensive it does what it says on the tin.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Hi Rachelr
    how do you take cucumim? I could try my husband on some.
    thanks Denise xx

Leave a comment:

• rachelr
    replied
    I’ve been on Riluzole for 4 months and my talking is the only thing to decrease. I’ve found cucumin makes me feel well since taking daily for 3 weeks

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I was on R from May for about four months but nothing would have stopped my loosing my voice or drowning in saliva. False hope is no hope. But everyone is different so peace bro. 😊

Leave a comment:

• Onein300
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    If you think I want to extend this life you are way off. 😁
    Matthew,

I understand completely.

But it’s worth noting, for newly diagnosed. The earlier we start any treatment, for whatever disease, the better the outcome.

For those awaiting diagnosis in the wings (2000 a year in U.K.), we should encourage them to take ASAP.

Realistically, the first and most powerful treatments will be those targeted at early disease, just like we do for other diseases.

For example statins and some ACE inhibitors in heart disease are staggeringly effective in preventing heart disease and I am in no doubt in the next few years will be taken (or a following technology) by pre-symptomatic patients.

Lee

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    If you think I want to extend this life you are way off. 😁

Leave a comment:

• Onein300
    replied
    Riluzole is STILL the only proven drug globally to increase life span. You might be surprised to hear it is the ONLY drug in any Neuro degenerative disease to slow disease!

The 3 months figure was based on a mathematical model in 3 separate 18 month trials with over 5000 people.

The same mathematical model for the drug being taken for years leads to about a 10% increased lifetime.

So if taken for 5 years, that about 6 months, 10 years 1 year.

It is NOT a symptom drug, so you will not notice anything at all. But this does not mean its not working.

It has a high safety profile, with problems appears within first 6 months typically. Also you stop quickly or restart safely.

It’s a no brainer.

Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    I have slow progressive MND. I was reluctant to take Riluzole for the rest of my life to gain just three months more. My consultant told me that the three months was based on the aggressive MND when life expectancy could be only 18 months. Therefore the three months is in fact just over 16%. So if ones MND is such that you might have five years you could gain another 10 months +.

But we are all different.

Take care and stay safe
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• SueM
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy wilson View Post
    Hi everyone have just been diagnosed with mnd Dec 17 my only symptoms at moment are slight muscle loss and finger use in my right hand/ arm but can still use it. Haven't started taking the tablets yet? Do they do anything accept prolong it and would u recomend taking then thanks andy.
    Hi Andy, I’m just into my second month on Riluzole, I have had some side effects but all are tolerable. To me it was a no brainier, I had a delay in my diagnosis due to Covid so am probably further on with arm weakness than you but anything that may help to slow things down is worth a go. I am being monitored with regards to it having a detrimental effect on my liver, so far so good. As long as you can tolerate it surely it’s worth a go.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    As the Devil's advocate I'm impelled to say that having taken and not taken the difference is negligible. 🙂x
    Problem is that you just cannot tell whether or not it made any difference (nobody can) The longer it's taken, the greater its effect, as seen in real world experience, so 3 months is not long enough on which to base results.

I have no idea if Riluzole has added months on to each and every year I take it - I have no doppelganger who doesn't take it against which to compare myself!! So, I shall continue taking it, just in case 😏

Leave a comment:

• Shaun
    replied
    The way I see it Matthew, we are all different, we all progress differently so there isn’t really a set timetable of events, so it might not do anything but it might do something , suppose it’s like buying a lottery ticket, you might win a free go, or lots of £’s or didley squat , but we still buy a ticket
    S.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I should add we all different. 🙂x

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    As the Devil's advocate I'm impelled to say that having taken and not taken the difference is negligible. 🙂x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X