Sertraline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing Matthew. No photographic proof required. 😊
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Definitely to do with sertraline as I stopped it for 4 days no problems,, second day of taking again and boom it’s started again !!

Comment

My brother took some antidepressants and his head kept turning backwards and he wanted to walk backwards. The doctor said it was a rare reaction but he'd put a note on his records. We have no idea sometimes if things are helping or hindering.
        😱

Comment

Yes I’m gonna stop taking them now x

Comment

Patw Are you switching to a different antidepressant, rather than stopping altogether? xx
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie Am feeling really good at the minute so don’t want to stop. but it’s rather annoying ,as I’m still mobile , when I’m out and it happens it’s not the best situation to be in . But now I know it’s sertraline I can at least talk with doctor and see what they come up with x

Comment

You're right Pat, it'd be better to switch meds, rather than stop, given that you feel good (which is great, btw!) xx

Comment

Ellie Will speak to doctor tomorrow about switching.. as feel good in my self but woke up at 9 and at 10.40 it’s still there

Comment

Make sure there's a note on your records unless of course it comes in handy. 😉

Comment

I’m moaning about it but if it was opposite I would be distraught 😩

Comment

Exactly. They might come in handy. 😄

Comment

Originally posted by Patw View Post
                          I’m moaning about it but if it was opposite I would be distraught 😩
                          Even if it were, those little blue pills work wonders, or so I hear. xx

Comment

So have any males had this problem, I stopped setraline and thought it was ok but it wasn’t so a year on now I’m still in same situation, tried gabapentin baclofen switching anti depressant and nothing changed, legs getting weaker and hands are shocking so need more help ! So it’s getting embarrassing when just putting socks on the feeling I get makes the problem arise sorry for the pun 🤦‍♂️What’s worse I’m going in for peg and don’t want it happening 🤦‍♂️ Know body can get to bottom of it everyone is puzzled!

Comment

Patw

Sorry you are still having an issue with this. As an ex nurse we have seen everything and just say matter of fact that it is a side effect of meds.

My husband said his issue is random shrinkage, which I said I would mention if the subject came up, no pun intended.

It reverts to normal size and does function. But sometimes it is difficult to manouvre into the urinal. With no rythmn or reason.

He has no function in his hands so I help.

Just a share for male solidarity from my husband (with his permission)

Donna

Carer for husband, diagnosed July 2020 MND of fail arm type.

Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

Patw A quick search throws up quite a few papers reporting a definite link between Sertraline (and several other meds) and priapism (medical term for non-arousal erections), albeit it a rare side effect.

Are you long off the Sertraline? I wonder if it takes a while for any side effects to lessen or if it's irreversible 😟 Could the doctors tell you?

I know it must be very embarrasing but maybe learn the name of the condition so, at the very least, you can explain if it happens when you're in for the PEG procedure...

Best wishes 😘😘

Comment

Working...
                                X