carbocysteine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbocysteine

could you who use carbocysteine advise me? I am just finally bringing myself to try some. After struggling to open the bottle, presumably I have to tip the bottle whilst I use the 5 ml pipette thing to get the liquid out? Living on my own with deteriorating hands, I don't see how I can manage this. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

To be honest you need carers to do your meds. I open my 60ml and tip the medicine in from the bottle. I put the plunger back in and eject any excess. 👍😁🤗😚xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Heather, I have Medicine Straws which attaches to the tip of the syringe. The straw then goes into the bottle and drawing up the meds is straightforward. I order them with my syringes whenever I need some.

This is what one looks like and they come in various lengths:

Medicine Straw.jpg

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thanks Matthew that’s a good idea, and you’re right, carers beckon xx

Comment

Ellie thanks. My dietitian suggested something like that, I thought it looked a bit sharp to then dispense inside your cheek xx

Comment

Or do you unscrew the straw before putting in mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
              Or do you unscrew the straw before putting in mouth?
              Yes, you do!

Or it can go through your tube. xx
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie I wondered that, or if it needed to slide down your throat to attack and soften your mucus. If you can put it down the tube, maybe I could manage xx

Comment

Working...
                X