carbocysteine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbocysteine

could you who use carbocysteine advise me? I am just finally bringing myself to try some. After struggling to open the bottle, presumably I have to tip the bottle whilst I use the 5 ml pipette thing to get the liquid out? Living on my own with deteriorating hands, I don't see how I can manage this. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

To be honest you need carers to do your meds. I open my 60ml and tip the medicine in from the bottle. I put the plunger back in and eject any excess. 👍😁🤗😚xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Heather, I have Medicine Straws which attaches to the tip of the syringe. The straw then goes into the bottle and drawing up the meds is straightforward. I order them with my syringes whenever I need some.

This is what one looks like and they come in various lengths:

Medicine Straw.jpg

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thanks Matthew that’s a good idea, and you’re right, carers beckon xx
        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Ellie thanks. My dietitian suggested something like that, I thought it looked a bit sharp to then dispense inside your cheek xx

Comment

Or do you unscrew the straw before putting in mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
              Or do you unscrew the straw before putting in mouth?
              Yes, you do!

Or it can go through your tube. xx
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie I wondered that, or if it needed to slide down your throat to attack and soften your mucus. If you can put it down the tube, maybe I could manage xx

Comment

Working...
                X