Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shelly21
    replied
    Thanks Ellie that's put me at ease. I did read re x 5 and x3 etc but couldn't work out like the way you put it. So glad I asked as it really puts my mind at rest.

I have researched re ways to help etc and I've started taking a few health meds x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by shelly21 View Post
    By September liver ALT now abnormal but only slightly.
    Shelly, there's quite a big tolerance of raised ALT levels before stopping Riluzole is advised/ordered.

For those without prior liver impairment, it's 5x normal upper limit of normal ALT range, or 3x if prior liver impairment.

My own ALT levels were slightly raised for a good while, but were well within tolerance - even now they're occasionally raised.

You could ask the doctor about supplements to 'support' your liver and/or do some research. xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Stopped ages ago but no idea about liver levels but I'm not yellow. 😉🤗😁❤️xx

Leave a comment:

• shelly21
    started a topic Riluzole

Riluzole

Hi all.

Riluzole can cause liver serum elevation. I have been on it since May this year. By September liver ALT now abnormal but only slightly.

Due next blood test in a weeks time.

What I wanted to ask is of those members that had to stop taking Riluzole, what was their liver alt levels?

I would like to carry on taking it as I get on well with it. However I read that it does affect liver damage more in females. I've also read that it can cause liver serums to rise but after a few months it stabilises.

Would like to hear from those who had to cease taking it please.
Working...
X