• Ellie
    replied
    Ahh, the benefits of getting meds through a feeding tube

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Hi Lynne

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
    I have Sun Pharma Riluzole this time for my 3 month supply from the local Asda Pharmacy.
    My doc has me on a 6 month supply so I have been trawling around the local supermarkets, talking to the chemists, which of course are concessions within the supermarket - and it seems nobody can get the Sun Pharma ones

So I am stuck with the glentech ones which seem to have changed in that they no longer burn my mouth, but they do seem to dissolve quite quickly. If I do not swallow them quickly.

A small part of the pain in the arse that is this disease.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    I have Sun Pharma Riluzole this time for my 3 month supply from the local Asda Pharmacy. This is the first time that my prescription has gone to them and the first time that I've had this brand (Glentek usually from Tesco and the local pharmacy near to our previous house). I hope that Asda can keep getting Sun Pharma because they are much easier to take. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Andy;

I have got Riluzole Teva without any trouble (NOT GLENTECH BRAND prefers teva or actavis)

Speak to the pharmacist and if need be your doctor about the real problem with the Glentech ones.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good evening,

As I said above I prefer the tablets from Sun Pharma , which I take in preference to the Glentech ones as they burn my mouth.

So I went into my pharmacist today to get my next 6 month supply and lo and behold, he gives me the Glentech ones, knowing full well I do not like them at all, saying he cannot get the Sun Pharma ones.

Does anybody have any information?

Warmly

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    I have a couple of spare boxes if anyone is in urgent need.

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Thanks for the update Andy.

It appears that the advice about expiry dates on the NHS website is not strictly correct for all medication-.as there is some flexibility about when Riluzole actually needs to be used by. I will be very wary about what I read on the NHS website in future.

Best wishes
    Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 13 May 2019, 20:29.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon Kayleigh

Originally posted by Kayleigh View Post
    The advice from the NHS is that 'you should not take medicines after their expiry date':-
    Interesting – as I mentioned elsewhere I saw my neurologist last Thursday and asked that very question and he rang the King's Pharmacy who said that in the light of how that particular preparation was made. It was okay to carry on taking them for a month or so after the expiry date.

These are from Sun Pharma , which I take in preference to the Glentech ones as they burn my mouth.

Warmly

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Hi Andy,

The advice from the NHS is that 'you should not take medicines after their expiry date':-

http://https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/why-do-medicines-have-expiry-dates/

Perhaps the pharmacy didn't check the expiry date before issuing them to you?

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 1 May 2019, 00:59.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    That's disgusting Jay Tee. I'm glad that you got your Rilozone from your hospital. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Sorry about your lack of Rilozone pills Andy. My husband picked up my prescription from Asda in Radcliffe (I usually get them either from Tesco or a small chemist in Bury). This time they are from a different manufacturer: Sun Pharma, a Netherlands Company. These are film covered so likely easier to swallow and won't break up in my mouth like the others sometimes do (Glentek). I hope that after Brexit happens there are no problems getting hold of these. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 30 April 2019, 21:31.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good evening,

I popped into my pharmacist yesterday having seen this thread in passing and he says he still cannot get any riluzole - his understanding was that manufacturers are having difficulty obtaining 1 of the components which differ slightly from the story in the original post - no idea here of course, which is right.

All I do know is the tablets I have here say they expire on 05 2019, which is a bit much, since I still have 2 months apply.

Anyone know if this is sell by date that I can ignore?

Best of all

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi all;

I don't think that they had any trouble getting mine.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Many thanks for the update Admin.

Fingers crossed this is a diminishing problem now.

Doug

Leave a comment:

Working...
X