Epic fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic fall

Well I tried to get out of my wheelchair by myself yesterday and fell onto my face. Badly bruised eye. Luckily it doesn't hurt that much. So that is a big lesson learnt.20220905_091924.jpg
    Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Ouch, you poor thing.
    Sympathetic hug coming your way.
    Hi, I'm Eddie.
    Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
    Full time powerchair user. Overnight NIV. PEG'ed but still eating. Voice banked but still talking.
    Still wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

shelly21 Rocking the Goth Look there honey 😉😁

Seriously though, it looks painful and tender. Thankfully you didn't damage your eye. 😘🤗
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

shelly21 gosh ouch. Am doing the same with regular falls. They never seem to be minor trips with mnd, but proper plenty of injuries falls! Look after yourself and a cold compress might help relieve some swelling xx
        Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

Oh shelly21 that's a real black eye. You poor thing. Sending hugs. Xxx
          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

shelly21

Oh dear that looks painful. I do hope it isn't though. Take care and sending love and hugs 🤗🤗 x
            Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

shelly21 well you did come a cropper, take care of yourself x
              Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

shelly21thats a right shiner. You must have hurt yourself😩 .take good care next time🤔xx

Comment

shelly21 ouch, get better soon.

Comment

Oh that does look sore, hope you feel better soon x

Comment

shelly21 you certainly don’t do things in halves. What does the other guy look like? I hope you heal quickly and don’t have any more epic falls. 🤗
                      Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

Ouch! shelly21. I'm sending healing hugs 🤗
                        Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder and hand function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Thank you everyone. Its blacker today but surprisingly it doesn't hurt at all.
                          X

Comment

Think some one needs to compile training for people who fall. I'd sign up. I'm forever tripping. No black eyes but my legs and arms are various shades of bruising.
                            when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

denise I'm not having a good run. Two falls in one week. I have at least 5 area's that are bruised.

How is Stephen? Are you more settled x

Comment

Working...
                              X