Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it about living that compells us to live? 🤔

Comment

hope i think. or perhaps picking death is ok but just getting there is a bit scary.

stephen's genetic test came back negative. big relief for our kids. the doctor told us that he didnt feel that there was anything of use even on the horizon. sometimes the truth isnt always welcome.

stephens als sounds the same as yours gary.

i dont think a genetic test would help me graham and i dont know that i would want one. perhaps one day we will have a genetic test when we are born, or even before. then they will decide if we get to live or chuck us in the bin.

Comment

I've always been a firm believer in assisted dying and took an interest in the various court cases over the years, where people tried to change the law. When I was diagnosed in July, I jokingly said to the consultant that because of lockdown I couldn't even book my ticket to Dignitas. He said that was a common reaction to diagnosis, but if you ask people again six months later they're glad they didn't, despite the difficulties of living with the condition.
        Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          Hi Gary,

First things first, now is the time to go on your holiday of a lifetime, I missed my opportunity.

Hi Graham. I'm not a holiday of a lifetime kind of guy really. We would have probably had a few holidays abroad in the future but neither my wife nor I had any great travel ambitions. Happier in a cottage in the UK. As I said in another post, in January I said to my wife that we needed to make the most of this year in case I deteriorated, but like everyone else, those ideas were thwarted by Covid. Hopefully things might improve by spring. I'd be happy to just have friends round for a drink at the moment. I'd have to be on thickened wine though.
          Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Hi Gary,

Good stuff, I was in denial until too late when I had missed the opportunity.

Hi Denise,

With Brainstorm failing last week, the other pharmaceutical companies will have breathed a huge sigh of relief and realised that their potential treatments do not need to be expedited PDQ. I now think 2025 at the earliest but of course I hope I am wrong and Lee is right.

Hi Matthew,

I think my low expectations from life have helped me to be able cope with MND. Give me a laptop with VS2019 and I am as happy as a pig in shot.
            Last edited by Graham; 23 November 2020, 00:29.
            Copyright Graham

Comment

.MND Research liked
              MND Association
              @mndassoc
              Launching soon Microscope #United2EndMND.

This will bring together people with MND, researchers and charities. We're asking the Government for £50 million over 5 years to fund a virtual centre of excellence for MND research.

This is going in the right direction at last.....

Comment

If there is no focus on expediting the best treatments that are currently in trial, then it is the same old, same old, of back slapping and high-fives with no end result.
                Copyright Graham

Comment

Working...
                X