Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Symposium on MND/ALS – December 2020

Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if anybody else here attended the International symposium last week and wondered what people have picked up from it if indeed they had.

The 2 things that stayed with me particularly, aside from something about theracurmin being ineffective was;

1) The role of the cerebellum and MND as opposed to the higher bits of the brain - apparently it's clear that there is MND damage in the cerebellum as well as in the cerebral cortex

2) the presentation on financing research and drug development on a not-for-profit basis using the spread of public information as a way to avoid the patenting in of ideas
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder– Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Hello Andy,

I had hoped to follow the symposium but I objected to the registration fee. I have since looked for the information about curcumin you referred to but I can’t find the data. If you have any clues as to how I can find this I would appreciate guidance. I take curcumin daily in a liquid form and whilst it may not help directly with MND I believe it aids my healing process from the many injuries related to falls.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Good afternoon Barry,

Ah! I'm afraid I got a free pass as a trustee presumably recompense for my membership of BRAP – the biological research assessment panel – and as a learning to better equip me for that task

Concerning curcumin I have this link if that is any help – https://youtu.be/YHGNIa9X2FM - I think it's quite a small trial and I did not have a chance to trying quiz the academic who in theory was supposed to be present at her poster session
      Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder– Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Working...
      X