X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon Barry,

Ah! I'm afraid I got a free pass as a trustee presumably recompense for my membership of BRAP – the biological research assessment panel – and as a learning to better equip me for that task

Concerning curcumin I have this link if that is any help – https://youtu.be/YHGNIa9X2FM - I think it's quite a small trial and I did not have a chance to trying quiz the academic who in theory was supposed to be present at her poster session

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hello Andy,

I had hoped to follow the symposium but I objected to the registration fee. I have since looked for the information about curcumin you referred to but I can’t find the data. If you have any clues as to how I can find this I would appreciate guidance. I take curcumin daily in a liquid form and whilst it may not help directly with MND I believe it aids my healing process from the many injuries related to falls.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    started a topic International Symposium on MND/ALS – December 2020

International Symposium on MND/ALS – December 2020

Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if anybody else here attended the International symposium last week and wondered what people have picked up from it if indeed they had.

The 2 things that stayed with me particularly, aside from something about theracurmin being ineffective was;

1) The role of the cerebellum and MND as opposed to the higher bits of the brain - apparently it's clear that there is MND damage in the cerebellum as well as in the cerebral cortex

2) the presentation on financing research and drug development on a not-for-profit basis using the spread of public information as a way to avoid the patenting in of ideas
Working...
X