Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheffield neurologist

https://www.lep.co.uk/health/ex-foot...isease-3133223

hi all does anybody know what trial there talking about in this ? Or anything about it at all for that matter ?

Hi house44. Don't know what it might be. But words were in quotes weren't they so I guess need to take with salt. Best wishes

Comment

I suspect as its Sheffield, it’s the ongoing SOD1 gene therapy trial. but can’t be 100% sure. But I don’t know of any other trial running there. They still needed SOD1 participants recently.

Be careful with media headlines, as they tend to be a bit dramatic as we know and can create legends/rumours in their own print run time!

But gene therapy is where we are going to see the first breakthroughs, I am almost certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Onein300 View Post
        I suspect as its Sheffield, it’s the ongoing SOD1 gene therapy trial. but can’t be 100% sure. But I don’t know of any other trial running there. They still needed SOD1 participants recently.

Be careful with media headlines, as they tend to be a bit dramatic as we know and can create legends/rumours in their own print run time!

But gene therapy is where we are going to see the first breakthroughs, I am almost certain.
        Lee do you think it could be M102? Pam Shaw told me last Autumn that was approx 6 months off.

Comment

House 44 - It fits the description of M102 which I understand SiTran are partnering with Aclipse Therapeutics to bring to human trials. The quote in the article fits in that it was discovered in 2013 but a lack of funding meant not brought to trial before now and it is proceeding thanks to a donation from an Australian charity called FightMND.

Link below, I am not hugely scientifically minded but it does look very promising. As said by others be wary of quotes like the one in the article about people standing up after being in a wheelchair for years but who knows, the trials could be a success, just thankful its managed to get funding after 8 years.

M102 - Aclipse Therapeutics

Comment

Thanks for adding that redbeak

Comment

Originally posted by redbeak View Post

Lee do you think it could be M102? Pam Shaw told me last Autumn that was approx 6 months off.
              I doubt it as he says that whatever he is involved in has been running for a while. There are only two trials currently running in Sheffield, tudca and Tofersen.

I doubt if m102 has even got to protocol definition yet.

Lee

Comment

Hi all - it does seem that Sheffield involved in m102 trials. https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/neurosci...neuron-disease Both m102 and Torfersen offer hope at least

Comment

Working...
                X