MND research to receive £5.7 million of funding, thanks to Kevin – and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MND research to receive £5.7 million of funding, thanks to Kevin – and you

We’re delighted to share the news with you that MND research is to receive a £5.7 million cash injection from the Association, thanks to Leeds Rhinos’ Kevin Sinfield, Rob Burrow and our community.

Kevin’s 7 in 7 Challenge last December raised £2.2 million and he, his inspiration and team-mate Rob Burrow and our teams, have discussed the most impactful way to spend the money.

Around a quarter of the funds will be targeted towards research with money also ear-marked for our children and young persons’ work, our care centre network, MND Connect and the regional team in the north.

As a result of the heightened awareness created by Rob and Kevin leading to more fundraising activity, and our community’s incredible response during the pandemic, the Association has now committed an extra £2 million to MND research, on top of the £3 million already committed this year. Read more in our latest news story.

You can listen to Kevin talking about his support of the Association on the first episode of our new podcast MND Matters launched today www.mndassociation.org/podcast
    Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Fantastic news ,caught a bit of this on Breakfast TV today.Hope this helps with MND research as it’s much needed.
    Mary

Comment

Where does the other three quarters go?
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Second that Mary
        Last edited by Gordan1111; 1 April 2021, 11:40.

Comment

Hi both,

It's all detailed within the news story https://www.mndassociation.org/mnd-r...ceive-funding/

Below is a snippet taken from the news story....

Money from Kevin’s fundraising pot will be channelled into six areas of the Association’s work, spanning up to three years – around 40% will be spent on new projects.
          • Children and families scoping and pilot work
          • Our Care Centre Network
          • MND Connect helpline
          • Our regional team in the north
          • Helping more care centres get involved in clinical trials
          • Translational research – researching potential treatments for MND from drug discovery and development through to clinical trials

Comment

Thanks but I should point out that the link is not recognised. I know I am cynical but Charities always seem to have plush offices with expensive cars parked outside. 😉
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
              Thanks but I should point out that the link is not recognised. I know I am cynical but Charities always seem to have plush offices with expensive cars parked outside. 😉
              Links all seem to be working for us - does this work for you matthew55 https://www.mndassociation.org/mnd-r...ceive-funding/ ?

Comment

Thanks that worked. I am still unsure of where the whole amount is being used however. 🤔

Comment

I thought some of the money raised was to support Rob's family.
                  Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

I've no family to support but I wouldn't say no. 😉

Comment

[QUOTE=Admin_MND;n46527]Hi both,

Below is a snippet taken from the news story....[*]Our Care Centre Network[*]Our regional team in the north[*]Helping more care centres get involved in clinical trials

It’s a pity not all of us have access to a care centre
                      As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Working...
                      X