Csnat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Csnat

'The ‘visibility’ of common areas of support provided by the tool has been found to be helpful for carers. They can indicate whether or not they need more support in relation to each domain. For use in practice, the CSNAT is integrated into a five-stage person-centred process of assessment and support that is practitioner-facilitated but carer led.'

Trying to incorporate CSNAT into my app but it seems like a typical research project never to see the light of day.

Back to the app.
    Copyright Graham

What's that in English? 🤔😁x
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

csnat looks interesting. does anyone know of anyone using it? has it improved their lives or is it something that sounds good and that's it?
      is it my being cynical.

Comment

i'm with matthew55 ! Graham Pardon?
        Mum died with MND in 1979 – I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from her. Reckon mine started sometime in 2018

Comment

Hello Graham,
          I was feeling a bit bored so thanks for giving me something to look into , so it’s been around since 2007 and MNDA got involved around 2017 where they provided funding to develop it for MND.

For Evelyn and Matthew
          Carers Support Needs Assessment Tool
          The bare bones of it are
          it is questionnaire to be used by health care professionals to identify what help our carers need.

I think the gist of it is, to give targeted advice, and an action plan, rather than the scatter gun approach we currently have.
          (in my experience an action plan needs everyone on board and want it to happen, postcode lottery then)
          So it’s a Multi disciplinary Team for carers, if you like

I presume there is the hope that those who are here to help actually use this, it is free for them.

However I’m not sure how this works in practise , I haven’t found anything to say how wonderful it is or how it has benefitted carers, most articles relate to the process but not the final result - perhaps I didn’t look hard enough , but 5 different question tabs on google and went through 6 pages on each (told you I was bored), all I could find was the process is idea is good, but it can be improved.

It has been around for a while and has received a lot of money, an enormous amount of money, in funding to develop into different areas where palliative care is required

I suppose we have to let the carers try it and make their own mind up

Have fun
          shaun
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by Shaun; 9 June 2021, 22:28.
          As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

A hole in one Shaun! It would seem that Matt has sliced 'out of bounds', never to be found. Denise can't hit the ball because she is giggling too much. Evelyn has decided to take the putter off the tee.

I was tricked into asking, "Does anyone have two black balls?", in a snooker club when presented with a tray minus the black. I suppose the tray could have been minus the pink.
            Copyright Graham

Comment

Truly believe it was dreamed up but never used. Seen to be doing something. 2007, 2017 and no one has commented on it?! Odd. I'm not giggling I'd like to know what happened to it and who, if anyone, is using it. Carers don't seem to be appreciated, especially unpaid ones, I don't think we'd get sight of one never mind fill it in.

Comment

Ohh Denise! Our MNDA has spent a packet on it and you've not used it! Neither have I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kwh3R0YjuQ

Love and hugs xxxx
                Copyright Graham

Comment

Says it all.

lots of love
                  Denise xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    Ohh Denise! Our MNDA has spent a packet on it and you've not used it! Neither have I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kwh3R0YjuQ

Love and hugs xxxx
                    😂 xx
                    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Apparently there are a series of Care Instruction videos for carers that are protected by license agreement. I have a platform that may use the videos Richard.
                      Copyright Graham

Comment

so does that mean its not for public use unless its paid for? no doubt there are some on you tube but how do we know its safe practice? ive got stephen off the floor just by figuring it out but not sure how long i can do that for.

Comment

Fraid so, but MNDA is a CSNAT sponsor.

You really ought to have carer support Denise. The technique is to use your most powerful muscles in the leg. Stiffen your back to protect it. xxxx
                          Copyright Graham

Comment

Working...
                          X