Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham
    replied
    Well Denise, you are a football fan after all!

What can I say to hide England's embarrassment... not a lot.

I do know a song for Harry however...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm3wy5JXtkA

This song was released just prior to my mum's passing with the big 'C'. I played it on the way to the hospice for the last two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Loved the music, do i recall getting on the dancefloor when 'war what is it good for' came on. Dont hear it played much anymore 😐.

and the film Graham yeah.

football prediction way out and most fell asleep!

love and hugs Denise xxx

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Ohhhh Denise!

Time is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjFG-4Ge668

We of all people know that 'Bad things happen' but some things are worse than death!! A living hell if you like.

ENGLAND 4 v 0 SCOTLAND if our boys take pity.

Please know that we all love you very much and it will all pass in time.

Lots of love and HUGE hugs xxxxxxxx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Like bullets heading for us we have to duck and dive. Seems to me we'd probably find something else waiting patiently in the shadows. 😚

we can't change what's happened, hopefully that will be rectified, need to enjoy what we can.

love and hugs to everyone Denise xxx

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham View Post
    Yes, your song was an old fave of mine. It's a great disco song and I can see in my mind's eye Terry and you pulling some shapes.

My version, you put on full blast and enter into a trance. The noise passes right through me.
    Graham the thought of me and TC on the dance floor spells disaster.

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Yes, your song was an old fave of mine. It's a great disco song and I can see in my mind's eye Terry and you pulling some shapes.

My version, you put on full blast and enter into a trance. The noise passes right through me.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    [QUOTE=Graham;n55259]You know me too well Barry!

On my way down to the English Masters 2007 O45 Finals, I distinctly remember playing this... War! - Music helps in so many ways...

I totally agree Graham however I prefer this version https://youtu.be/01-2pNCZiNk

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    You know me too well Barry!

On my way down to the English Masters 2007 O45 Finals, I distinctly remember playing this... War! - Music helps in so many ways...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oioo2z7z1uw

My MND's spasticity was helping me hit the ball very hard at this time. At that point I didn't even know that I had MND.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnnB
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordan1111 View Post
    Cheers PositiveVibes, Graham, SallyAnne, Matt. I was just kinda wondering how many fitted that profile. As Ellie pointed out there may be lots of triggers. (Keep living SallyAnnn - just to annoy them x)
    I intend to do just that, Gordan

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    Thanks Ellie, downloaded that x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Gordan1111 Scroll down and you'll see a login/register prompt to access the article, then you can download the pdf.

Lancet screenshot (2).png

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    I wonder if you need all six to occur simultaneously like ducks lined in a row

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    Thanks Ellie. Yes only the abstract is visible isn't it. I see it says: "A linear relationship between the log incidence and log age of onset of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is consistent with a multistage model of disease. The slope estimate suggests that amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a six-step process. Identification of these steps could lead to preventive and therapeutic avenues"

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    EvelynMW The paper, was published in The Lancet in 2014. I have an account with them and, as the article is only viewable if logged in, any link I post won't work. This article is available for free, you just need to register to read it: search for "Analysis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis as a multistep process: a population-based modelling study"

My Neurologist is one of the authors, so I've been aware of it, have heard it being discussed and have chatted about it.

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    Hi Evelyn. I'm not sure. I assumed there some risk factors but they've always seemed ill-defined. I haven't previously heard it postulated that they were known quantities. Perhaps Ellie knows more

Leave a comment:

Working...
X