• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good morning Ellie

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Just to clarify: Curcumin isn't an antifungal supplement, but is an antiinflammatory and an antioxidant.
    Indeed!

There does seem to be some confusion in the ALS community in the US of A about this as, of course, both are concerned with gut flora in some way or other.

And Dr Bedlack is clear - he believes it is the anti-inflammatory/antioxidant effect that is efficacious as far as I can see.

At least this is what I am hoping for!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Hi Barry,

Just thinking that for you it might be easier for you to buy the Theracurmin on ebay (US site) and use the Global Shipping Programme?

Any VAT and Custom Duty due are calculated and prepaid at checkout, so the item is delivered to your door as normal. And no, it's not a rip off!

I use it any time I order from ebay US.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Andy, I watched some (sponsored) live streams from that Healing ALS conference over the weekend.

Recordings are available for a fee (no idea cost)

From what I watched, I learned nothing new, but I did not watch every speaker.

If you look at the schedule and see any particular speaker / topic of interest, you could always contact the organisers.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    This thread has morphed into 2 topics !!

Just to clarify: Curcumin isn't an antifungal supplement, but is an antiinflammatory and an antioxidant.

Theracurmin is its most bioavailable form, i.e. how much actually is absorbed by the body.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good morning

Oh, caution clearly required, but nothing apparently lost from trying.

Apart from money!

I saw part of this and then had to do some thing else and they were talking about reversals.............

https://healingalsconference.org

Does anybody have access to the conference video recording or whatever they have that would allow us to view this at our leisure?

And Barry I realised I did not respond to your message about supplier- my supply came from Naturally Healthy Concepts in Wisconsin - https://www.nhc.com

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    A humble word of caution from non medically trained me. A high percentage of people with MND who also have a fungal infection would not necessarily mean that fungus is a cause of MND. As stated previously a compromised immune system would be more susceptible to infections of all kinds, including fungal. Care ought be taken before cause and effect is assumed. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 22 October 2019, 18:28.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Cheaper than doing 3 x 2 month supplies Andy, factoring in 3 shipping and 3 handling charges - you were wise to get a full 6 month supply!

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Thank you for your good wishes Ellie - I hope they have some effect

The charges were as shown as totalling £65.51

doc00223820191022102819.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Andy,

Please let me know as I am considering changing my source.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    50 quid duty on 6 months supply isn't bad, Andy.

Wish you luck from the bottom of my heart!

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Hi Ellie

I ordered six month supply in the hope it would work and so paid over that amount, and now seem to have call from the Post Office for just over £50 for customs duty or something

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by nunhead_man View Post
    I seem to have made an order from somebody who will ship to the UK of the type of Theracurmin by Integrative Therapeutics
    Hmmm, it strikes me that you don't do as much online shopping as I do

Hope they get through Customs easily and quickly. You never know, they may make it through without charge!

You should be only liable for VAT is the order value is between £39 and £135, plus Royal Mail's £8 handling fee.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Hi Ellie

I seem to have made an order from somebody who will ship to the UK of the type of Theracurmin by Integrative Therapeutics you mention.

Now waiting to see how much I get charged as it comes through customs!

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Hi Ellie

Okay - will have a look later when I get near a safe machine

Leave a comment:

• Ash
    replied
    As far as I know the only documented report of people using antifungals for ALS is below.

https://thewinnower.com/papers/6072-...eral-sclerosis

Interesting to read but should probably be taken with a pinch of salt as bold claims of improvements are made.

However lets not completely rule it out. Similar improvements have been noted in people with ALS like sysmptoms which have turned out to be related to HIV infection and possibly I think lyme desease.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X