Smart trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart trial

After a year being registered for the smart trial I have been invited in for screening. Queen Elizabeth hospital Birmingham. I know I may not even qualify yet but it does make me feel I am contributing in research.

Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Well done you shelly21
    I have been to Oxford 3 times to be a lab rat for their efforts
    I'm not in any drug trials (yet) but they stuck me in an MRI scanner last time.
    It's good to feel we are helping
    Hi, I'm Eddie.
    Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
    Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

shelly21 That's good news, hope you get accepted Chick xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

WheelsOfSteel it is a good feeling. A bonus is that your mnd is monitored. I have only seen my neurologist once and that was diagnosis day. I know I won't get any better care but I will at least know how my progression is heading.

thank you Ellie. X

Comment

shelly21 What a coincidence. I was just about to post the same thing. I got a call today asking me to attend a screening appointment. Mine is also at the Queen Elizabeth Birmingham. Just waiting for all the literature to come through.

Comment

Tony Good luck Tony 🤞🤞 xx

Comment

I have my SMART trial 1st review appointment Thursday. 😸
              Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Tabbycat What does a review involve Tabby? xx

Comment

Ellie According to the paperwork I was given, it is to check I'm taking the drugs as prescribed, check for side effect and to record the disease stage using ALS-FRS(R) xx
                  Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

I was diagnosed beggining of 2022, not happy with the lack of therapeutic I have been self medicating with CBD oil (cannabis oil) and campaigning to allow us, MND patients , able to access medical cannabis , as CBD oil completely helps me, helps to sleep , speak and swallow , plus no more cramps or pain , evidence from overseas says cannabis can stop progression

Comment

Intriguing, what evidence says CBD oil can stop progression? Really STOP, not just slowdown?
                      Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbycat View Post
                        check for side effect
                        Oh, thanks. And do you think you're tolerating them OK? xx

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post

Oh, thanks. And do you think you're tolerating them OK? xx
                          Yes. No obvious side effects. Probably got the placebo 😄

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbycat View Post
                            Probably got the placebo
                            😩

Comment

Tony thats great you being called up. I think they had a slow start at the QE due to long term sickness.

Ellie 1st assessment is bloods, look at what meds you are already on & I think Alsfr score. 2nd appointment you start the med taking. It starts with low dose and builds up.

Tabbycat hopefully you have the real deal 🙂

Comment

Working...
                              X